Club O2 Question

bryanbusch12

I’m bringing my son and his friend on a cruise next month on the carnival victory.. my son is 17 and his friend will have just turned 18 by the time we cruise. What are the odds that they will allow his friend in the club with him?

Your odds will be better IF you aren't traveling at a peak time for families with kids, and IF the 18 year old is still in high school.

Club O2 includes ages 15-17. You can imagine parents of a 15 year old might not want that child hanging out with an 18 year old adult.

It never hurts to ask.

Hope you all have a wonderful time.

my daughter is 14 and my son 16 . not sure I want my 14 year old with the younger kids since she is going into HS. will this work??

As it's by age, she won't be the only HS kid. In fact, about 1/3 of them will be 14 like her!

In general, they are very strict about age groupings (though, they have, on occasion, made exceptions). That said, I would have them go to their age level groups. I think they really will have more fun with the kids in their own age group.

In September, on the Breeze, Circle C and Club 02 combined activities on a few different occasions. They basically took the Circle C bunch over to 02 club to make a larger group for certain things like karaoke. My 13yo enjoyed being in there with his older brother. And I was fine with it.

However, if this were my daughter, yeah I would have a different opinion about the whole matter. I don't believe I would be comfortable with my daughter at age 13 to go hang out with 17 year old guys.

The thing that was surprising to me was the fact that the staff just organized, and executed the combined activities. And my wife and I had no idea until our boys came back and said that the two clubs were doing activities together.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

Your odds will be better IF you aren't traveling at a peak time for families with kids, and IF the 18 year old is still in high school.

Club O2 includes ages 15-17. You can imagine parents of a 15 year old might not want that child hanging out with an 18 year old adult.

It never hurts to ask.

Hope you all have a wonderful time.

They are both still in high school, we are going to ask and hope. They won’t have much to do if they don’t get in together as the victory doesn’t have much for them in general

If you search the boards, this question has been asked before. It seems more often than not, they don't allow the 18 year old in the club, as they are legally an adult.

As for the 14 year old being with the 16 year old, it really depends. My son has always been in the Circle C (12-14 age group, as that's the only time he's cruised so far). On one cruise, it was mid-November and light on kids, so they allowed kids to move up, including an 11 year old sibling. But on a busy cruise, filled with kids, they only allowed one 14 year old to move up to O2 because he was the only HS kid in the large group who was still 14. And like someone else said, many 14 year old kids are in HS.

Definitely ask... On one of our cruises my son was 18 when we cruised and was a senior in HS. The only thing he could do differently was the ability to gamble...no alcohol obviously. But he did have his HS ID which showed he was still in HS.... They made an exception for him.

This is more common than you think....especially spring break cruises. There is a group of HS Sr class age kids who have turned 18 by March or April..... They are in the same situation too....

Plus there is very little organized activities in that age group its mostly just a place to meet up and find others your age and head out to explore the ship...they usually spend 5 minutes at O2 before they head out as a group to get pizza, ice cream, go to the pool, play basketball etc etc etc...so hopefully it will all work out for you one way or the other.....