Spring break

esper10

Hi all, we are planning a cruise for 4 days in the Inspration out of Long Beach. We are seniors and don’t want to during spring break. We plan on going from April 9 to April 13 is it spring break time especially in California? Thanks

Spring Break can vary all thru March and April...hard to say...plus college is different then HS etc....my own kid is in So Cal and his spring break is from Marc. - 23 - April 10th but a friend who is in the very next town has totally different weeks so its hard to say....that being said we cruised Spring Break last year and had no problems and are cruising Spring Break again this year....

A good way to tell is by the prices. If the prices are really low it's probably not spring break.

Example. I'm cruising the week before our spring break. If you look at a basic interior for 3/4 on the Breeze it's $479pp. If you look at the next week it jumps up to $869...spring break.

That time of year there will be more kids. There will be quiet areas but you’ll have to hunt them out. The little decks behind the buffet are usually ok, as is the deck above the Lido. Stay away from the pool, it’ll be crazy there.

Best time for no kids would be from after Thanksgiving thru February, excluding holidays.

These cruises are called booze cruises for a reason.

Ensenada will be wild. There will be many places to avoid the crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did it once a few years ago (out of Fl, not Cali)....i have to say, i had alot of fun....if quiet is your thing, it probably wont be the cruise for you, but that doesnt mean its not fun. I am quite a bit older than the college age crowd, but i spent a sea day up by the main pool, in a lounger people watching. I have to say there are some very beautiful sights this world has to offer, and you can see many of them on the Lido deck during a spring break cruise. :)

I've cruised many times during spring break when I was younger. I'd say the week of March 15th is the most busiest. As April approaches the crowds quite down. I will be going on the Vista April 21 2018, however if I was younger I'd go during March what a blast.

Gary

The overwhelming vast majority of our cruises were in our home state of Florida and during Spring Break. We never experienced any aberrant behavior on board the ship. What you do see is a lot of families traveling with younger children. The college age kids tend to do land vacations for Spring Break. The state of Florida has run off most that crowd over the years. Cancun, Mexico is their preferred destination.

The overwhelming vast majority of our cruises were in our home state of Florida and during Spring Break. We never experienced any aberrant behavior on board the ship. What you do see is a lot of families traveling with younger children. The college age kids tend to do land vacations for Spring Break. The state of Florida has run off most that crowd over the years. Cancun, Mexico is their preferred destination.

That's a good point, when I was in college I don't remember a single fraternity or sorority or any group of Friends taking a cruise for spring break...it was always a land based resort....

Hi all, we are planning a cruise for 4 days in the Inspration out of Long Beach. We are seniors and don’t want to during spring break. We plan on going from April 9 to April 13 is it spring break time especially in California? Thanks

Still spring break.Go at the end of April .