Boston hotel recommendation

sus809

My husband and I will be spending 2 nights in Boston in June before our cruise. We are looking for a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of major sites and the North End.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

My husband and I will be spending 2 nights in Boston in June before our cruise. We are looking for a reasonably priced hotel within walking distance of major sites and the North End.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

What are the exact dates you need a hotel? What is your realistic hotel budget? Will you have a car that needs to be lodged as well? Boston hotels are very expensive and are usually not at all what folks consider "reasonably priced".

Our dates are June 7th & 8th; Price range $200-$250. No garage needed.

Your budget is too low. To get anything close to your price range you're going to have to consider booking blind through Hotwire and prepaying the hotel. I'm seeing a 4* hotel in the Seaport district for $211 plus fees that comes in at $265/night. This is likely to be the Westin Waterfront, which is one block from the SilverLine (free from the airport) which will offer you connections on the "T" to get to Faneuil Hall and the north end and will position you several blocks from the Cruiseport.

After doing some research, I realized my budget needs to be higher. I came up with Club Quarters on Devonshire and Boston Hilton on Broad St. basically the same price. Any pros/cons?

The Hilton is a full service hotel which is closer to Faneuil Hall and the North End. You can join Hilton Honors to get some discount if you don't have AAA. Club Quarters is more of a no frills hotel with minimal services and attached pub. If the price is close, I'd go with the Hilton.