Help Please on return flight time Norwegian Star Seattle to Alaska Please

marcyjane

Need help please on you Alaska cruisers that have sailed the Star or any other coming back into Seattle from Alaska. We are trying to book our flights tonight or early in the morning.

My question is will a 12:30pm return flight home be to early to get off the ship and to Sea/Tac airport?

Thanks so much for you time & trouble

Marcy:)

We were on the Star this past June and actually got back to the Seattle port around sunrise. Disembarkation began around 8:00-8:30. If you want to carry your own bags off you can leave as soon as it is allowed. It is about 30-40 minutes to Sea-Tac. We checked our baggage at the curb which took only about ten minutes, but the security check did take about thirty minutes. The only glitch would be if the ship was delayed getting back to port. For that reason we had a much later flight and took a tour of Seattle before going to the airport.

I sailed on the Star this year and you should have no problem making an after noon flight. I would suggest you utilize their option for you to take off your own bags- key is to PACK LIGHT anyway. :) Then you are first off the ship, once the ship clears. Plenty of cabs were available.

I have traveled many, many, times to Seattle as my sweetheart works for NCL and I have had to 'wait' for him as he couldn't disembark until the passengers did.

In most cases the ship would come in at 5 am (as I'd watch it from the hotel!) and things would be fine. Cabs are plentiful. In most cases your probably all right doing what you want to do with the plane times. It cost me like $20 for a cab, the shuttle I have done and the price is comprable but then there's the issue of waiting for the van to fill up before they leave.

But also keep in mind anything can go wrong. I've seen security breaches and the passengers weren't allowed to disembark for a long time, etc...so you just never know. On a good day it shouldn't take you more than 20 minutes.

Keep in mind also, if you go against what the cruise line advises, then you also forfeit your right to complain if you don't make your flight.

Hope this helps!

Menina

Need help please on you Alaska cruisers that have sailed the Star or any other coming back into Seattle from Alaska. We are trying to book our flights tonight or early in the morning.

My question is will a 12:30pm return flight home be to early to get off the ship and to Sea/Tac airport?

Thanks so much for you time & trouble

Marcy:)

Archived