Pool at Grand Turk

icedancer43

Just some clarification. :)

We were just there about 10 days ago. They do not charge for chairs around the pool. They have a handful of special chairs (with safes and umbrellas) that can be rented. Plenty of free chairs directly around the pool.

This is consistent with Magaritaville's Ocho Rios location. They had "enhanced" chairs for rent with umbrellas and safes available there, and I hadn't seen those before.

(At Ocho Rios, having a safe place to deposit your stuff is a really useful perk, too. :o )

The beach chairs- a Carnival rep was standing on the dock warning about the ones that cost money. Carnival provides the free chairs....locals provide and charge for the others.

Yep, it's not as if Carnival is getting that money. I'm not sure how the locals managed to get permission (?) to put chairs there and charge money, but I suspect it's because technically, it's a "public" beach. Atlantis in the Bahamas has a similar problem with Cabbage Beach and "local operators" there, and like Carnival does, they warn their customers about the locals and their practices.

Thanks. The Pride is the only ship in port.

It is possible they haven't released the cabanas yet. Carnival seems slow at getting shore excursions for this cruise, a 14 day Journeys.

Jealous! I really want to take a Journeys cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are hitting Grand Turk June 2019. I was just looking a the listed excursions and didnt see the cabana rental at Margaritaville listed. Is it possible they are already booked?? Also how do you check to see if other ships will be there the same day?

We are sailing in July 2019 and they aren’t listed for that sailing either.

Some of the ports list their schedules. Otherwise, I sometimes use this site.

http://m.cruisett.com/p/

This is consistent with Magaritaville's Ocho Rios location. They had "enhanced" chairs for rent with umbrellas and safes available there, and I hadn't seen those before.

(At Ocho Rios, having a safe place to deposit your stuff is a really useful perk, too. :o )

Yep, it's not as if Carnival is getting that money. I'm not sure how the locals managed to get permission (?) to put chairs there and charge money, but I suspect it's because technically, it's a "public" beach. Atlantis in the Bahamas has a similar problem with Cabbage Beach and "local operators" there, and like Carnival does, they warn their customers about the locals and their practices.

Yeah...having a safe storage place is definitely nice!

It’s kind of disappointing that there isn’t a small private beach area. It can be very confusing for people who haven’t done their research or didn’t hear Carnival’s warnings.

We are hitting Grand Turk June 2019. I was just looking a the listed excursions and didnt see the cabana rental at Margaritaville listed. Is it possible they are already booked?? Also how do you check to see if other ships will be there the same day?

I checked the Grand Turk port schedule. It will also give you information about the island.

Keep looking for the cabana. Mine was there last night when I checked. Finally! We are now booked.

The cabana’s for our July 2019 cruise just came up this morning. $192 [emoji15]

Yipes, I think we paid around $130 for our cabana at Grand Turk back in 2012 or 2013.

We liked it and it was money well-spent since it was for our entire family, but $192 is getting a bit pricey. :o

Yipes, I think we paid around $130 for our cabana at Grand Turk back in 2012 or 2013.

We liked it and it was money well-spent since it was for our entire family, but $192 is getting a bit pricey. :o

I agree. We paid $119 in 2013 and $159 two weeks ago. $192 is a bit much for what you get.

Since there will only be two of us this trip, I think we have decided to spend our money on something else :).

• 2 months later...

This shows the port schedule.

https://www.grandturkcc.com/Port-Schedule.aspx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...