Victoria Port Question - Accessible?

LinVirginia

I am in the process of contracting with one of the carriage tour companies to pick us up at the dock upon our early evening arrival. The contact noted that, of course, the carriage can't come directly to the dock but, rather, there is @ 1000 foot pedestrian walkway from the ship to where we could be picked up. My husband cannot walk 1000 feet without several stops to rest. My question is about how the SOLSTICE assists passengers getting from the dock to where taxis, tours, etc., are. Is there a tram? Thanks so much for your help with this before I book something.

I was on the Solstice with someone with a mobility issue. All cruise ships will expect you to provide your own way to get off at ports. You need to either have him use a walker, wheelchair or scooter (you can rent these). My sister uses a collapsible rollator with a seat and was able to walk all the way to our excursion in Victoria which was a whale watch and stopped to sit on the way.

You can get wheelchair assistance on embarking and disembarking though at beginning/end of cruise. I would advise that you post more specifics on disability board for more suggestions.