Koningsdam - Accessibility in Curacao?

LinVirginia

How would someone who has heart problems and can’t walk far without resting get from the ship to Curacao's taxi pick-up? I remember a long bridge from previous visits when we had no mobility issues. Are trolleys available to assist passengers? Here’s hoping there is some assistance available. Thank you.

I wonder if you may thinking of an older pier... Have been there twice in recent years--incl. 2 months ago--and the Mega Cruise Pier where the K-Dam docks is a very short walk straight out to a small group of shaded kiosks with taxis waiting. I believe there are shuttlebuses as well, but I don't remember trolleys.

Go here and turn on satellite view. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mega+Cruise+Terminal/@12.1047603,-68.9438114,784m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8e848258059bd957:0x33ae7c13db1065c3!8m2!3d12.1047603!4d-68.9416227?hl=en

The distance from the bottom of the gangway to a taxi is less than if you were walking through the ship from the lido pool to the aft seaview pool. And it's a completely smooth surface, fine for a walker.

Right next to the Mega pier, another pier is being built. I think it is to open some time this spring.

It will also be able to handle the larger ships.

I don't know if there will be a taxi stand handy to the pier or if you will have to walk over to the Mega pier.

Good point; we saw it being built while we were there. Since it's still all undeveloped woods along the shore there, my cynical guess is that they will do as with other multi-pier sites: fence the whole pier area off & make us walk... Though there must be a road for onloading, etc.

BUT! Somewhere recently--Dom. Repub?--there were lots of those 2-passenger pedicabs (aka rickshaws) pulled up to the gangplank that would take folks ashore. For a fee... Mebbe Curacao will jump on that.

Edited by sofietucker