Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

Currently at the..

988417c54c206795f5b45210b0066816.jpg

2137824250a01d7d48cb1918e943eeb3.jpg

Awaiting the start of the Scavenger Hunt Activity...

Meanwhile the Schooner Bar Menu.. probably well known by know on the boards but the old Royal Photos on the pages never get old to look at...

9ed2628e832b95936c16286a13c45beb.jpg

12761c332b949053b081b03c9b13d8a8.jpg

24da7488289627a30321203cb309e07d.jpg

e4990333d7e32707b601424b963cd36a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for doing this fantastic review! I feel like I'm on the cruise. We can't wait to board the Anthem this Saturday! (Our first cruise ever) You mentioned Anthem isn't your favorite class ship--which ship is your favorite?

Love your Name ! Have a blast next week, I will be crying back at work :(

My favorite class just due to the variety of design and things to to and see are the Oasis Class followed by the Freedom Class then the Gem Class on NCL.

Sorry Henry we are on a Scavenger Hunt!!!

e0d0aa060ad89b29471a0a2cdd7bf5b2.jpg

Our meager Scavenger Hunt Haul.. we were short handed with only two if us against teams with 6! That’s our excuse and we are sticking to it... and Henry held me up... ;)

fdd144eadb3e8636c327404e8b4f97c0.jpg

Bumper Cars

(please let me know in comment below if the video is blocked as it will be due to the song and I will correct if so)

Bumper cars were on at 9 am we arrived about 8:35 to a few people lined up, but 9 am the line was around 2/3rds of the venue ( arrive early)

7f9ff7a86ff8c2cc00437554646900ad.jpg

My lucky number and color, I’ll take it!

6441c9c5d63701f0d89d02347f4c1066.jpg

Tboning Mrs. S ( she was not happy lol )

I enjoyed this video a lot!

Is the scavenger hunt for kids also or is it more of a grown up thing? I do not want to be that guy. Thank you for the live update.....we are up next.

Yes kids and families are welcome. Teams can be up to 6 people. The more the merrier!

Glad you are having a great time! Question: how much time did they give you on the bumper cars?

Thanks,

Christina

I would say 1-2 mins, however long the video is the ride was just a bit longer than that.

I enjoyed this video a lot!

Glad it was enjoyable! We loved doing it again!

While I mentioned Quantum/Anthem Class is not my number one class of ship, they do boast my favorite Venue/Location on any ship we have been on replacing Central Park on Oasis..

e7540f2d55473cbc4cbd42722df961f6.jpg

Many times cruise lines use the term transformative spaces and 270 truly meets that term and then some in my opinion.

seadog67, a quick question for you. I am sailing on the Anthem next week and just noticed in my cruise planner that I can make reservations at Jamie's or Chops for lunch on embarkation day. Yet on all the compasses that I have seen posted for past cruises on Anthem, including yours, I have not seen these 2 speciality restaurants listed as being open for lunch on embarkation day. Did you possibly see people eating in either of these 2 places when you boarded? Or maybe somebody knows if this is something new? If this is possible it might be worth making a reservation for lunch to avoid the mob at Windjammers on embarkation day.

Thanks and I am enjoying your live reports and videos.

Bill

Bumper Cars

(please let me know in comment below if the video is blocked as it will be due to the song and I will correct if so)

Bumper cars were on at 9 am we arrived about 8:35 to a few people lined up, but 9 am the line was around 2/3rds of the venue ( arrive early)

7f9ff7a86ff8c2cc00437554646900ad.jpg

Hello. Was there another line on bumper cars for suite or Sky/Star Class guests?

seadog67, a quick question for you. I am sailing on the Anthem next week and just noticed in my cruise planner that I can make reservations at Jamie's or Chops for lunch on embarkation day. Yet on all the compasses that I have seen posted for past cruises on Anthem, including yours, I have not seen these 2 speciality restaurants listed as being open for lunch on embarkation day. Did you possibly see people eating in either of these 2 places when you boarded? Or maybe somebody knows if this is something new? If this is possible it might be worth making a reservation for lunch to avoid the mob at Windjammers on embarkation day.

Thanks and I am enjoying your live reports and videos.

Bill

I unfortunately did not notice and we skipped lunch that day completely. I can say I did not notice anything online before embarking that you could reserve lunch. I will try and ask someone fir you. Check back.

Hello. Was there another line on bumper cars for suite or Sky/Star Class guests?

I did not notice as we were the first few in line. But there really was just one long line so I am thinking no. But again am not 100% sure.

I unfortunately did not notice and we skipped lunch that day completely. I can say I did not notice anything online before embarking that you could reserve lunch. I will try and ask someone fir you. Check back.

Thanks!

Bill

Loving your pictures and videos so far! I was on the infamous “hurricane cruise” on the Anthem exactly 2 years ago! It’s nice to see all of the activities that I didn’t get to do! Haha!

Seriously though - the bumper car video had me laughing along with everyone there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loving your pictures and videos so far! I was on the infamous “hurricane cruise” on the Anthem exactly 2 years ago! It’s nice to see all of the activities that I didn’t get to do! Haha!

Seriously though - the bumper car video had me laughing along with everyone there!

Thanks for following along! I can imagine how that cruise must have been. We have had windy, cloudy and showery weather that has kept us in a bit more, I can only imagine sailing through a hurricane gale!

As it turned out, I just read your entire thread recently from start to finish and thought you did a terrific job [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122] I’m a solo female Canadian cruiser as well and am considering Anthem for my next ship after my cruises on Adventure and Harmony :) So both yours and seadog’s reviews/trip reports have been truly beneficial, thank you both!

Have a great day at Port Canaveral tomorrow, seadog!

Doesn’t windjammer have a 24 hour coffee station? I’ve never had an issue with early morning coffee on RCI ships

The only place for 24 hour coffee listed on the Cruise Compasses I have from our 4 cruises on Anthem and on the ones posted by Seadog67 is Café Promenade not the Marketplace Windjammer which is closed at certain times.