Upgrading an onboard booking..is OBC upgraded?

CruiseLifeIsTheBest

Considering upgrading a booking we made onboard from Concierge to a Celebrity Suite. Based on experience, anyone know if the OBC for booking onboard would be increased to what it would have been had we booked a CS at the time?

We changed a reservation several months after we had booked while onboard and went from a Sky Suite to a Celebrity Suite and our OBC increased (it was only a $50 change I believe). We have also dropped down on reservations (Sky Suite to an Infinite Veranda on the Edge) and our OBC decreased. Don't even recall how much that changed as we changed the reservation again to one of the four 3 day "preview" cruises and we lost all our OBC since we fell below the minimum length requirement. If it doesn't increase I'd call and be as persuasive as you can be pointing out they reduce the credit if you downgrade so they should increase it if you upgrade.

Considering upgrading a booking we made onboard from Concierge to a Celebrity Suite. Based on experience, anyone know if the OBC for booking onboard would be increased to what it would have been had we booked a CS at the time?

From what I've been told, yes. I recently had to move over an onboard booking to a cruise that was more expensive so I went from a Suite to a Concierge. They lowered my OBC from $250 to $150. Before I did I kept calling back hoping to get an agent that would keep the current OBC but with no luck. I asked if the OBC would increase if I upgraded to a suite, and they said yes. I had them note it in the system. Who knows if they actually did.

If this is correct, you should and your OBC should increase by $200 since Concierge Class is $150, Sky Suites are $250 and Celebrity Suites are $350. These amounts are based on a 7night cruise but the increments are still $100. Good luck, and please report back if you were able to do so.

Edited by Want2Cruise 701

Good to know, thanks! Funny, had the same experience moving an onboard to an Edge 3 day preview. Once I figured it out a few days later (no mention by the rep on the phone) I had it changed back to original so I retained the OBC and booked Edge as a new booking. Took a few minutes but new rep totally got it done! Perfect example to use as you advise. Doesn't seem right to take but not give :cool:

Good to know, thanks! Funny, had the same experience moving an onboard to an Edge 3 day preview. Once I figured it out a few days later (no mention by the rep on the phone) I had it changed back to original so I retained the OBC and booked Edge as a new booking. Took a few minutes but new rep totally got it done! Perfect example to use as you advise. Doesn't seem right to take but not give :cool:

Good idea about booking your Edge as a new sailing. We knew that we were going to cancel the original booking we had made due to some work events changing and we had transferred our reservation to a large TA so if I canceled I would have been out $100 to the agent. We booked the Edge on the day the previews were listed so we got all 4 perks for less than the cruise only price is now and the agent gave us another $150 so we still ended up with plenty of OBC, although I would have been very willing to accept more had we been able to keep the $ we had from booking onboard.

Good idea about booking your Edge as a new sailing. We knew that we were going to cancel the original booking we had made due to some work events changing and we had transferred our reservation to a large TA so if I canceled I would have been out $100 to the agent. We booked the Edge on the day the previews were listed so we got all 4 perks for less than the cruise only price is now and the agent gave us another $150 so we still ended up with plenty of OBC, although I would have been very willing to accept more had we been able to keep the $ we had from booking onboard.

Well darn! We got NO perks when we booked and the per day rate when I add a drink package and grats is way past my normal limit for a balcony room but it's a surprise for my DH (he thinks we are on Infinity for a 5 day which we are a couple of days later 😂). Guess my consolation prize is the cruise after was a crazy deal for Aqua so average of the whole trip is okay.

As I like to say.....Can't take it with me and don't plan on giving it away or leaving it behind!!