Driving Directions Needed to Los Angeles Port

Frugalist

I just booked the Mexican Riviera cruise on the Sapphire for my son's delayed college graduation present. He's now living in Bellflower. I know nothing of the LA area. Could someone please provide any/all of these alternatives:

A) explicit driving directions from Bellflower, CA to the Los Angeles (San Pedro) pier

B) a link to the driving directions

C) a physical address of the pier so I can Mapquest the directions

Thanks in advance for any help.

Give this link a shot:

http://www.pcsterminals.com/

The "exact" address of the terminal is a closely guarded secret (never been able to actually find it), but you'll see plenty of signs for the "World Cruise Center" as you get closer while travelling south on the Harbor Freeway 110.

It's not hard to miss, and in fact, you can guide yourself in by sight as you get closer. You'll see the ship as you exit the freeway.

Can't help you with the address of the the port, but try this:

From your son's house, get to the 91 freeway. Go west to the 710 freeway. Go south to W. Ocean Blvd in Long Beach. Go west on Ocean over several bridges, the last of which will be the Vincent Thomas Bridge. Take the exit for Harbor Boulevard (caveat: I always do this from the other direction, but on Mapquest it looks like there's an exit from westbound, too). At the light and the end of the ramp go straight into the World Cruise Terminal. The entrance to the main parking lot will be the first right. If it's full, overflow parking is straight ahead.

Frugalist:

Critterchick's directions will get you there, but note that you will pass very near to the Long Beach piers and do not confuse them with the San Pedro piers.

1. Here are the directions given by the World Cruise Center ( San Pedro pier):

Take the Riverside Freeway(91) west to the Harbor Freeway(110), then south on the Harbor Freeway to the CA 47 - Terminal Island exit. Merge right to the Harbor Blvd Exit. Proceed straight through the Harbor Blvd. intersection and turn right into the World Cruise Center parking lot.

2. Here is another useful website:

http://www.sanpedro.com/spcom/crusshp.htm

3. They say their "address" is:

The World Cruise Center is located at Berths 91, 92 and 93A/B. on Mapquest they say it is:

N Harbor Blvd & Swinford St, San Pedro, CA 90731, US

Here is the mapquest link:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=San+Pedro&state=CA&address=North+Harbor+Blvd+and+Swinford+St&zip=90731&country=us&zoom=7

(This is an interactive map with driving directions.)

Archived