Age requirement in specialty restaurants

CQG67

There was a disruptive 2-year old in the Crown Grille the night we went, which was not a pleasant experience for the other diners.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is obviously a parental responsibility to remove a disruptive child; if they do not do so on their own, the maitre'd should ask them to. Anything else is teaching the child that such behavior is acceptable. My child ate in nice restaurants from babyhood. She acted up on one occasion at age 6. I asked the server to have our food packed up to go and we went home--the disruptive behavior never happened again.

As to fees vs. menu. I'm can't say that the fee is a cover charge since it is increased by $10 if you want to order a lobster with your meal. A cover charge should be the same regardless of what is ordered. Based on that, if you are permitted to (I do think there is an age limit on the kid's menu) it would make sense that you could pay a child's price for any reason--elderly, had gastric bypass, whatever... I believe that Princess closed that door with an age limit on the child's menu though. Another thread lists the age as 12 and under and the cost as $14.95. Kids who order off the regular menu in the specialty restaurants are charged the regular price.