Would we miss much if we just stayed on the ship?

Meeshwood

I was in St. Thomas Feb. 15th. It was my 1st time there. I saw very little damage. I went to Magens Bay and on the way back the taxi driver through in an overlook over Magens Bay and an overlook over Charlotte Amalie. It cost $20 each way for my husband and I, and to get into Magens Bay $5 each plus tips for the taxi driver. To us it was worth it. St. Thomas is so beautiful. The taxis offer a 2 hr. tour for $25. If I make it back I might do that

i'll be here on the caribbean princess in june and i'm glad to see the cheap/free things listed here. i'm not a beach person but wouldnt mind walking on one for a bit to say i was there. so it seems from the posts that town is close to where the ship docks which is good. the skyride sounds neat too and id love to hear of more cheap things to do.

i guess in summer it's light until late so no worries about the 1230 arrival time

i'll be here on the caribbean princess in june and i'm glad to see the cheap/free things listed here. i'm not a beach person but wouldnt mind walking on one for a bit to say i was there. so it seems from the posts that town is close to where the ship docks which is good. the skyride sounds neat too and id love to hear of more cheap things to do.

i guess in summer it's light until late so no worries about the 1230 arrival time

Luckyinpa -Just so you can plan accordingly - there is a misunderstanding that is common among many visitors to the VI, that Caribbean has long, late twilight hours during the summer months just like in the northern latitudes. However there is less variation in day length the closer to the equator you are. Our daylight is close to 12 hours both in winter and summer. In June the sun will set about 7pm and it will be nighttime dark within 15-20 minutes. I hope this information will help you plan to make optimum use of your time!

• 4 months later...
Here is more:

2017_Magic_StThoma291-L.jpg

prices from last March.

Thank you for this photo. I have been looking all over the boards trying to find taxi rates from Havensight to Crown Bay. Want to catch the Crown Bay ferry to Water Island when we stop in St. Thomas in December.