Pizza question...

shellster1

Ok, so this will be the most pathetic question of the day, if not the week, but I'm going to ask it anyway:

What's the difference between Pizza Pirate and Pizza Del Capitano? If my assumption is correct, they both seem to serve the same purpose which is to be the 24-hour pizza destination. Just wondering if the recipe is the same? My son loves the Pizza Pirate. It seems to be on the older or smaller ships?? Is it just the newer, bigger ships that have the new name of the Pizza Del Capitano?? Thanks in advance for anyone who has input!!

They are both 24 hour pizza places, they are just named differently on different ships. From what I just read, Pizzeria Del Capitano is only currently named as such on the Dream, Magic, Sunshine & Vista.

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/pizzeria-del-capitano

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-food/pizza-pirate

It's a good question. I don't think the naming is actually a reliable way of differentiating. I'm obsessed with pizza. Here's my summary - there is basically "old pizza" and "new pizza". At this point, most ships have the new pizza. That's the stuff that's very thin. If "Quattro" is a choice...it's new pizza. Some fantasy class ships still have old pizza...which is cooked in black pans, not silver trays. I hate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums