Oasis class ships - worth the splurge?

Skippy

Oasis class is worth extra in my opinion. But 1-2k extra seems odd. We just booked Harmony while on Liberty, and we're actually paying $200 less for Harmony than we did for Liberty, which was a weird but pleasant surprise. So definitely check a range of sail dates - could it be that you just happened to pick an expensive week?

Another "YES" vote! My daughter is 8 and has been on Oasis class ships 3 times beginning when she was 5. She does not utilize the kids club but she did enjoy all the other activities...kid centered and non-kid centered. She even liked Cats! That being said she is pretty easy to please and has "loved" every cruise she has been on and every land based trip. I wouldn't pay that much more if everything else were comparable having been on the class multiple times already but I would for the first time. It is an awesome ship. You will have a great time either way though.

Will you be adding the cost of flights and hotel in addition to the 1-2K more? There are some very good ship tour videos on youtube that might help you make your decision. I haven't been on either of these class ships but would choose Freedom class because it has an outside promenade deck which Oasis class apparently does not (please correct me if I'm wrong on that). Might not matter to most people but I really like being close to the water.

For us with or without children since we have been on all but one class of the ships that are sailing I can't see us ever doing another cruise unless it an Oasis Class or higher, so much to do and spacious, especially when we pull into less desirable port(s) and we can stay on board and still have a great time.

I’m sailing on Harmony solo next December because I’ve always wanted to try an Oasis-class ship and managed to score a great price with a $100 TA voucher. However, I booked early and am not sailing in off-peak cruising season.

I think Oasis-class ships are worth experiencing once, Harmony in particular, but Freedom-class ships are very nice. Have you spoken to your TA? Perhaps he or she can give you some advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is a matter of how active you are. Oasis class ships are busy ships. Lots of stuff to do. If you or the kids want to surf or boogie board the two flowriders are great, plus the zip line. If you really just want to go to see some islands, any ship is better because the Oasis ships are extremely limited as to the ports. So if you have done cruises to the ports the Oasis ships have been to, and going to new places is important, skip the Oasis class.

I would have to say the Quantum class are probably my favorite class, because the Ifly and the bumper cars, but the Oasis class are really awesome from my favorite point of view, which is all about the flowrider.

If money is important, I always say save the money and go on what you can afford and doesn’t impact you as hard.

JC

• 3 weeks later...