Picking up rental car in FLL AFTER CB cruise

JandD Mom

Hi all,

We have a rental car reserved after our CB cruise in Feb, because we are going to visit some family in the area. For anyone who might not have been to FLL the last year, they have closed all of the major off-airport lots and consolidated the rental car companies into one garage which is by (I think) terminal A.

IS there a shuttle bus that comes to the port and goes to the rental car garage? Or do I need to take a taxi?

I would appreciate any info from anyone who has done this.

Thanks!

WE did this on December 10th. Alledgedly there is a free bus that goes from the cruise terminal to the Central Rental Car place. Our porter said it comes about every 15-30 minutes. We did not want to wait so just took a taxi and were at the rental car place in about 5 minutes.

We're cruising CB in Jan. We originally reserved a car from Avis and was later told by an Avis rep that there is no free shuttle from FLL to the pier. So we cancelled Avis and booked Alamo. They have a free shuttle (and were a little more polite on the phone)

We cruised on the Star on 12/4 and rented with Thrifty on Miami Rd. It is real close to the port. We got our luggage and walked right out to the Thrifty free shuttle and were getting our car within 10 minutes. We also had rented with Thrifty at the West Palm airport and returned the car to that same Thrifty before the cruise then were shuttled to the port. Very smooth process both times.

We also just reserved a car from Thrifty for a Jan 13 cruise. The airport location does not offer a shuttle to the pier, but the location on Miami Rd does. They have some fantastic rates right now, also. We previuosly had a reservation with Dollar and they have a contract with a company that will shuttle you to the pier, but the first shuttle is 12:30.

We actually booked the Thrifty "airport" location, but wound up taking the shuttle to the 17th st. location - they allowed us to pick up the car there - "no problem man" and return it to the airport with no extra costs or confusion.

Thrifty has won my business!

Ted

Hi!

We are also taking a February cruise with several friends and have rented a large van from Alamo for after the cruise (Our evening flight leaves from Miami and we want to spend some time at the FLL Flea Market). Since nothing is mentioned here, should I assume there's a free shuttle to this Terminal A for Alamo??

Pat

Archived