Do you want a table for 2 or more when you have PC Dining?

Commodore Suzy

Do you want a table for 2 or more with PC Dining?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a table for 2 or more with PC Dining?

• I always want a table for two
    • I always want to dine with new people or friends I've met
    • I usually want a table for two
    • I usually want to dine with others but want to sprinkle in a table for 2 for special nights
    • None of these choices apply to me, I'm going to give my thoughts in this post.

I was just on the Grand a few weeks ago, and I noticed something... interesting.

In the PC dining room there are LOTS of tables for 2. They have taken out tables that seat more, and scattered a bunch of tables that seat 2.

On my 7-night cruise, I sat a table for four only the three nights we had reservations to dine with another couple, and all other nights when we walked up they sat us at a table for 2 without even offering the option to sit with new strangers.

I know in the past there were complaints that folks had to wait forever for tables for two, lots of demand for them to celebrate anniversaries, etc. However, it seems to me they went overboard and now I can't meet new people at dinner even when I WANT to.

I'm probably in the minority, but I thought this would be a fun poll. What do you think?

Have a great New Year!

Now both my DH and I love to meet other people so if we dine Traditional we do prefer a table of 6 or 8. We have met some of the greatest people on our cruises that way. If we eat Anytime Dining we also request either a table for 6-8. Like Druke said isn't it nice that we have choices.

Marilyn

Tables for 2 in the PC dining is why we switched over to Princess. We went back to RCI once after Princess and came right back due to the PC choice. We never, ever will use the dining room if we have to sit with others!! I find many prefer the tables for 2 after they have had one or two bad experiences with others.

I like the table for two when there are two in our party, it doesn't work so well when we have 4.

I really like the poll option " None of these choices apply to me, I'm going to give my thoughts in this post."....all polls should have that!

We have had several bad experiences with the bigger tables and traditional so that is why I selected the table for two(port a pottie salesman and bigot wife, old lady who spit all over my food when she talked, a table of couples who told us how much money they had and all the things they bought on the cruise). I guess we would reconsider if we met some nice people and wanted to eat with them for a night.

Last March on the CP We chose "Anytime Dining" and asked for a Table for 2. Hubby and I like to just relax while on a cruise and like to spend some time alone. We get tired of all the same old questions like "Where are you from"? "What do you do for a living" and We have found many times to keep the conversation going, We do all the talking. So decided to go with "Table for 2". We have met so many people on the cruise that We don't need to make acquaintances during dinner. We met a lovely couple at breakfast during the March cruise up in the Buffet Dining Room and had dinner with them on 2 evenings during the cruise. They were a lovely couple from Canada and We are all in touch. Also met another couple on another cruise that We didnot sit with at dinner and are very close friends. We have gone on 3 cruises so far with them and they live in Philadelphia. So these large tables are not for us. We are not unfriendly at all as You can see. Our preference now are "Tables for 2". To each his Own" as the saying goes. Ike

Archived