Mix Your Own Drinks? Juice Availability?

cezovski

Am I correct that you can only get orange juice in the Horizon Court at breakfast? Will they deliver a pitcher of orange juice to your room at any other time, like in the evening? You're not charged for that, are you? Do they also have cranberry juice at breakfast?

Ever seen anyone at the buffet fill up a container with o.j. and haul it back to their room?

Ok, you have a bottle of vodka or tequila...now what? Any good ideas for acquiring the ingredients to mix your own drinks in the evening? Other than soda....or straight shots! :)

Am I correct that you can only get orange juice in the Horizon Court at breakfast? Will they deliver a pitcher of orange juice to your room at any other time, like in the evening? You're not charged for that, are you? Do they also have cranberry juice at breakfast?

Ever seen anyone at the buffet fill up a container with o.j. and haul it back to their room? Ok, you have a bottle of vodka or tequila...now what? Any good ideas for acquiring the ingredients to mix your own drinks in the evening? Other than soda....or straight shots! :)

They do have cranberry juice at HC (along with pineapple).

After breakfast you will be charged for orange juice at the bars - and I think through room service too. I have taken glasses of OJ back to my room for evening cocktails, but never filler a water pitcher (never thought of that!). On one cruise our room steward saw that we were bringing back OJ and after the second day started leaving some for us instead -great steward.

I am confused by the liquor policy. Can you buy bottles of liquor on the ship for your consumption during the cruise? Jay

Yes, you can by bottles from room service but not from the shops. Princess also sells "packages" rum and coke, scotch and soda, gin and tonic"

Although you used to be able to order a pitcher of juice from room service, they have stopped that practice. Juice is only available until 10-11 in the AM, even through room service. (sorry, I can't remember the exact time). Anytime after that they will charge you through room service.

Best to pick up a bottle or two of the juice you need and keep it in the frig in your cabin.

When we sailed on the Grand Princess last year, I ordered , from Princess, A bottle of Absolute to be in our room for the sailing. It was delivered a few hours after boarding. I brought along with us in our carry on, a cheap plastic pitcher, a couple of tall plastic glasses, and a big container of Iced Tea mix.A couple of shots of Absolute with your tall,cool ice tea! We call them Ice Picks, and they taste great together! After the cruise,we just left the pitcher and glasses behind as they were bought at the dollar store and we needed room for souveniers. Jaxson:)

We just returned from the Island and we asked that a glass of Grapefruit and OJ be delivered to our cabin at 5:00 PM and never had a problem and they did not charge us. We have done this on every cruise and only had a problem with the delivery once or twice. I would just call room service and they would bring it up. We usually make a standing order the day we get on. I was pleasantly surprised that on the Island it was fresh pink grapefruit which I love in my absolute:D

Deb

Archived