Eastern Caribbean Itinerary

TidePrideGA

We are planning our next cruise for December 06 and want to do the Eastern Caribbean (we did the Western last week).

What ports would y'all consider "must not miss" and which "don't even go there"?

TIA

If you want Eastern there is not much of a choice.

Ports are either Tortola, Turks, HMC and St. Thomas or St. Maarten instead of St. Thomas. There is another one around Christmas with a variation that stops in Nassau instead of Grank Turks.

I think most would say forget Nassau. Grand Turks is a new port so there is no information on this.

St. Thomas or St. Maarten ? I like them both.

Ports are either Tortola, Turks, HMC and St. Thomas or St. Maarten instead of St. Thomas. There is another one around Christmas with a variation that stops in Nassau instead of Grank Turks.

I think most would say forget Nassau. Grand Turks is a new port so there is no information on this.

St. Thomas or St. Maarten ? I like them both.

Except those of us who love water sports where Nassau excels - world class snorkeling and diving.

Thanks, Gizmo!

I guess the two most different itineraries I'm looking at are:

FLL, San Juan, Antiqua(St. John's), St. Maarten; or

FLL, Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Maarten

Any opinion of which to choose (leaving ship/line out of the equation, although of course that will considered)

Thanks, Gizmo!

I guess the two most different itineraries I'm looking at are:

FLL, San Juan, Antiqua(St. John's), St. Maarten; or

FLL, Grand Turk, Tortola, St. Maarten

Any opinion of which to choose (leaving ship/line out of the equation, although of course that will considered)

I didn't see the one going to SJ. Which ship is doing the San Juan cruise?

Both look good to me. :)

What ships/lines are you thinking of? It's almost impossible to get good opinions from posters without knowing all the variables when the ports are so similar in some cases and the ships/lines possible so dissimilar. ;)

I know, Peaches, but I was really hoping for input on ports alone rather than ships/lines. Although all is subjective, the folks on this board are naturally going to be partial to HAL so I didn't want that to influence.

We are looking at both HAL and other lines for this second cruise for several reasons. We absolutely LOVED the Westerdam and would be content to sail exclusively HAL, except that on our particular sailing last week there was absolutely NOTHING for a 20 year old travelling single and we're doing the same week next year. He's hoping to talk some friends into coming along next year and I think if he'd had "company" they could have found more to do, so if that's the case we'll consider HAL again - the GT, Tortola, SM itinerary is "our" Westerdam.

The San Juan itinerary is the Norwegian Jewel. There are several mixes of these itineraries available that we are also considering which include the Celebrity Millenium, the Caribbean Princess and 2 or 3 different RCCL ships.

Hi TidePride,

Glad you had a wonderful time and got home safely, I agree the Westerdam was a great ship but think you should try another line. Ill let you know how the Millennium is after my SA trip. IMO the Caribbean Princess is very crowded at 3100 pax. Carnival, NCL or RCCL would be great for your 21 YO next year. I have been to most of the Eastern Caribbean Islands and I am sure you would enjoy them all.

Jim

Hi there Tide

My fav: Tortola ... hands down!

:cool:

Enjoy a 'painkiller' at Pussers as you enjoy the view of the harbour.

And paying a visit to the Baths on Virgin Gorda is an excellent choice!

i've only been on that island once (many moons ago ...) but vowed to return!

So add Tortola on your list of 'must-dos'

:)

And have a great Xmas!

Hi Donna~ Have been on Millennium (you've seen the pics) and know you would enjoy her, but you might have the same difficulty with activities for your son on Celebrity. As for ports, I agree with most of the opinions here. We really enjoyed San Juan. St. Thomas was beautiful, and we were able to take a small boat over to St. John for a wonderful day on Trunk Bay.

Archived