Train from FCO to Civitavecchia...is it doable with luggage?

azzy73

Have you looked into a shared shuttle service instead of the train. I have previously used Civitavecchia Shuttle Express. They charge 85 Euro for 3. I've done both and after a long flight, I would much rather take the car service.

http://www.civitavecchiashuttleexpress.com/services/cruise-port-transfers.html

I actually ended up booking with them. Good price and worth it to avoid any hassle with train. Thanks!

Your welcome. I've used them multiple times, friendly drivers and a very dependable service. Have a great trip.

I'm glad to see your positive review of them. I was considering using them for a day trip from Rome to Tivoli before boarding our cruise in Civitavecchia. Haven't put my deposit down with them yet though because they charge an extra 6% service fee to prepay with a credit card. I'm hesitant to prepay over 400 euros to an unknown company, but also hesitant to have to worry about carrying 400 euros cash with me while in Rome.

I'm glad to see your positive review of them. I was considering using them for a day trip from Rome to Tivoli before boarding our cruise in Civitavecchia. Haven't put my deposit down with them yet though because they charge an extra 6% service fee to prepay with a credit card. I'm hesitant to prepay over 400 euros to an unknown company, but also hesitant to have to worry about carrying 400 euros cash with me while in Rome.

I don't like to prepay in case I have to cancel. I always end up giving cash to the driver. However, I do understand your concern with carrying around the cash. I know they charge extra for using credit cards online, check with them if they charge extra when you use a credit card to pay the driver.

• 2 weeks later...
After reading all these replies I opted to get a shared shuttle transfer to our hotel in Civitavecchia. It was 85 euros for the 3 of us. Definitely not as cheap as train but after traveling for 18 hours I don’t want the hassle of trying to do the trains with our luggage. I may opt to do train at the end of our cruise into Rome. I figured no transfers to get to main station in Rome and we will be rested. I think we will then take a taxi from station to our hotel in Rome.

Can you tell me which Shuttle Service you are using? I don't want to do the train, and our hotel in Civitavecchia has a shuttle, but it's almost double of this. Thanks so much!