Early disembarking from Reflection TA in Civitevecchia

sandav

I know this had been asked many times on the Ports of Call forum but as the forum covers many cruise lines, I was hoping someone here could help.

We arrive in Civitavecchia at 5pm (hopefully) after Reflection’s TA from Fort Lauderdale. I know immigration should not be a problem as the ship’s last port is in Corsica which is in the EU.

We have a car picking us up at the ship at 7.30am to take us to the airport.

If we get early tags for our luggage will we be able to be off by then and will the luggage be in the baggage hall?

Would we be better doing self disembarking and how does it work and how easy is it?

We will have 2 large pieces of luggage and 2 roll on carryons.

We would prefer not to use this option as we also don’t want to be off too early either.

Sandav

We chose to self disembark it was no different to leaving a hotel/apartment we kept our luggage overnight then in the morning went down in the lift and straight off on our way, the only disadvantage I can see is if lots of people decided to self disembark the lifts would be busy, we were mid ship on deck 10 so used the main lifts and had a little wait (would not have wanted to take suitcase down the stairs). Personally I preferred it, we left when we wanted rather than wait for a set time and we could keep everything until the last night rather than have to have a separate overnight bag. We did not leave early we just left by the time everyone needed to be out of cabin anyway, I think it was 8am.

We chose to self disembark it was no different to leaving a hotel/apartment we kept our luggage overnight then in the morning went down in the lift and straight off on our way, the only disadvantage I can see is if lots of people decided to self disembark the lifts would be busy, we were mid ship on deck 10 so used the main lifts and had a little wait (would not have wanted to take suitcase down the stairs). Personally I preferred it, we left when we wanted rather than wait for a set time and we could keep everything until the last night rather than have to have a separate overnight bag. We did not leave early we just left by the time everyone needed to be out of cabin anyway, I think it was 8am.

That’s good to know. I thought those who chose to self disembark had to leave before everyone else because they had luggage.