Is there a Water Slide and theater on the Mediterranea?

Mjasp

Then what does it slide into??? Do you have any pictures?

At the bottom of the slide you end up on soft rubber mats. As for the movies, there was a small movie theater for kids when we were on it last March (seems to me it was on the main deck and you entered though a small door directly off the deck. Go to www.costacruise.com go to webcam then pick the ship, stern view, you can just make out the slide in behind the two exhaust stacks. The hours of operation for the slide can be hit and miss, so make sure you check the times of when it is open.

Have fun!!

There really isn't a movie theater onboard, but they showed some movies in

the Isolabella Lounge on Deck 1. One of the movies was a 1966 movie, "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" with Zero Mostel, Phil Silvers and Jack Gilford. A pretty funny slapstick movie, but kind of "stale" after all these years. On the in-cabin TV, they showed "Roman Holiday" with Gregory Peck & Audrey Hepburn, and also an Italian film "Cinema Paradiso" which won an academy award for best foreign film in 1988. This is a great movie and I watched most of it one day. It has english sub titles. Other than that, no movies except pay-per-view on the cabin TV and most of those movies were not of the first run variety. I can remember when most of the ships had a real movie theater and Holland America even had pop corn for the movie goers. But now I guess they don't want to use the space for a theater so they leave them out and make more revenue bearing spaces instead. That's life. ;)

Then what does it slide into??? Do you have any pictures?

the slide is great!!.. look at a picture of the ship, its quite a slide.. even the adults loved it.. you splashdown into some water and mats .. it's a great twisty windy long slide down.. lol

I remember one night while in Puerto Rico they played National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.. insofar as the slide, I am checking my copies of the Costa's Today while we were on the cruise, I kept them all, and the slide was only open two hours from 2-4pm weather pending. It is an interesting thing as it is located aft on Pandora deck with absoultely nothing around it of value you can do. Below on Cleopatra deck you have the grill below you and the jacuzzi with a load of deck chairs to sun at but nothing associates to this slide. It seemed like it was more of a burden as they had to staff it with an activities person and it was not greatly used, probably due to what I had mentioned above. If they had located it somewhere near the pool that slide would have been a madhouse.

Archived