inside cabin

vegetarian

my inside cabin is on deck 4 and there will be 4 of us. i checked the photo on expedia and the beds look TINY, smaller than a full size bed even. i thought they would have been bunckbeds or something, does anyone know if they are bunckbeds and that maybe the picture was misleading?

Our first DAWN cruise, there were 3 of us in a inside cabin. They put one roll type bed in the middle. So we had 3 beds across. The 4th bed came out of the wall. It was tight, but we did fine. Plenty of room for clothes and storage.

my inside cabin is on deck 4 and there will be 4 of us. i checked the photo on expedia and the beds look TINY, smaller than a full size bed even. i thought they would have been bunckbeds or something, does anyone know if they are bunckbeds and that maybe the picture was misleading?

Check out http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/NCL/ncljewel.htm

Perhaps this will give you a better feeling for the arrangement.

Good luck - and do enjoy your cruise. You really won't be spending very much time in the cabin.

You might have 2 twins and 2 bunkbeds that come out of the ceiling (or wall), but you may also have a trundle bed, so it would be like 3 beds across, then one bunk.

Prepare yourself for tight accomodations, all of you should pack as light as possible. This is not to say you won't have a great time, but you may have to make some compromises. It's difficult for 2 people to get ready for the day or for dinner in these small cabins, with 4 you will have to be creative. We've cruised with 4 in a cabin before (not quite this small, with our kids) and my husband will sometimes go to the spa to shower. Sometimes one of us will get ready early and leave while the others are finishing up.

Don't even try to push two beds together to make a double bed in your circumstance, you'll have absolutely no room to stand. When my husband and I stayed in one of these cabins (NCL Star, same sq footage), while one was getting dressed, the other one would have to sit on the bed. During the day hours, your room steward will get the bunkbed out of the way, as well as the trundle, if that is what you have.

I'll repeat, pack light and also share things like toiletries if you can, take small suitcases that can be stowed under the beds. Most importantly, take your sense of humor, you can have a great time with it, but without it everything will seem worse than it has to be.

I've seen an inside cabin on the Jewel, with 2 standard twins on either side of the room, and two pull-down bunkbeds above, on each side the wall.

It's not horrible, your biggest challenge will be bathroom time.

You really won't be spending very much time in the cabin.
Is there something wrong with me? I do spend time in my cabin when I cruise. I don't just shower and sleep there. Maybe it is just me. :o

thanks everyone! i was worried there wouldnt even be enough room for a rollaway bed. as for suitcases, im not bringing one. i have a medium sized backpacking backpack that hardly takes up anyroom. i actually tend to pack light and usually wear the same pair of jeans for a week:o

Is there something wrong with me? I do spend time in my cabin when I cruise. I don't just shower and sleep there. Maybe it is just me. :o

Nope, Cecilia, it is just me.

Sorry, but that is about all we did in our cabin.

There was just way too much going on onboard, and at ports for us to stay in the cabin.

I didn't mean to imply that this would be suitable for everyone.

But, it sure did work well for us, and the other couple we were cruising with. And, apparently many others too, who prefer to spend the additional dollars frivolously in other ways than on a balcony or suite.

We may get around to booking a mini-suite with a balcony, but for now, the inside cabin suits us fine.

Cecilia - This Holiday Time, being the first with your little Nathan must be so special. Enjoy it all. We will be looking forward to the next picture installment soon!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

And, apparently many others too, who prefer to spend the additional dollars frivolously in other ways than on a balcony or suite.

We may get around to booking a mini-suite with a balcony, but for now, the inside cabin suits us fine.

This is a good point. As long as you're on the ship, you get the same ports, activities, etc. as everyone else. It makes sense to save a few bucks and get a less expensive room in order to spend more on other stuff. I've never had an inside room (except on RCI where I've had Promenade rooms but they had windows.) I think I cruise differently than a lot of people. I enjoy quiet time on a cruise. If I have a big window or a balcony, I like to be near it reading a book or just watching the water go by. I don't swim so no pool use for me. I don't play bingo. I don't sun bathe. I pretty much like to watch the world go by when I'm on vacation and I like having a nice room with a view to do that. I spend probably half the day in my room when I'm on a cruise. (That includes sleeping.)

Cecilia - This Holiday Time, being the first with your little Nathan must be so special. Enjoy it all. We will be looking forward to the next picture installment soon!

We're very excited for this first Christmas with Nathan. I can't wait to experience it through his eyes as he grows up. More pictures to come in his adorable Christmas outfit. :D I hope you have happy holiday memories too!

This is a good point. As long as you're on the ship, you get the same ports, activities, etc. as everyone else. It makes sense to save a few bucks and get a less expensive room in order to spend more on other stuff. I've never had an inside room (except on RCI where I've had Promenade rooms but they had windows.) I think I cruise differently than a lot of people. I enjoy quiet time on a cruise. If I have a big window or a balcony, I like to be near it reading a book or just watching the water go by. I don't swim so no pool use for me. I don't play bingo. I don't sun bathe. I pretty much like to watch the world go by when I'm on vacation and I like having a nice room with a view to do that. I spend probably half the day in my room when I'm on a cruise. (That includes sleeping.)

Book a cabin that will allow you to enjoy the cruise the most. Some people only use the cabin to to sleep, shower and change clothes. Those people might be happest with an inside cabin. Others spend a lot of time in their cabin. Some enjoying the quiet and watching the world go by. Others use the cabin for entertaining friends. For those that enjoy the quiet and sitting, a balcony is worth the extra cost. For those that enjoy entertaining, the extra cost of a bigger cabin (suite) worth the extra cost.

On my first four cruises I was in an inside cabin, an ocean view, a suite and a balcony. For my fifth cruise I booked a balcony and put it to very good use. For my sixth cruise I have booked a balcony also. For my seventh cruise I am looking at a large suite. So far it looks like there will be six of us in the suite, so we need the extra room.

So, it really is easy to determine if you booked the right cabin. Did you enjoy your cruise? If so, you booked the right cabin.

Archived