Our Epic, Epic Cruise 2/10/2018

mcmomny

Thanks for the tips. If we decide to do a wave runner in GSC, do we need to reserve it or can we just show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They had not reserved any, just showed up to find many available but didn't have their drivers license :(

Actually, I "think" I figured out the room configuration. I used your two rooms as an example. On the deck plan, the indentation is where the bed would be located? So, if the indentation is near the balcony...score! If it's near the bathroom...crap. Hopefully, this is correct.

You are correct, we were 12152 and the curve was by the bathroom so that is where our bed was!

Hello McMommy,

Could you please tell me how many live bands were on the Epic? Do they play any ballroom music? We like to do a bit of dancing and found that depending on the ship and the bands, sometime they have scheduled ballroom sets on the ship. Do you remember if they had any on the Epic while you were there? Thanks.

Hi Gam, when I get home from work I will look at the dailies and see if ballroom dancing was listed. I didn't see any but that doesn't mean there might not be some!

Mcmommy, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Did you or do you know of anyone that bought a "Posh Pass"? We are leaving in 10 days and I know it will be full of families and kids. We are going without kids, so nothing against kids, but we would rather not have too many around us. I've read a bit about Posh area, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's supposed to be adults only and a smaller, quieter section.

Thanks

Mcmommy, thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions.

Did you or do you know of anyone that bought a "Posh Pass"? We are leaving in 10 days and I know it will be full of families and kids. We are going without kids, so nothing against kids, but we would rather not have too many around us. I've read a bit about Posh area, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. It's supposed to be adults only and a smaller, quieter section.

Thanks

I am a big sunbather and typically we are at All Inclusive resorts on the beach, so a few years back when sailing The Epic I had read we needed to buy the Posh pass so we checked it out as soon as we got on board and it didn't impress me (other's do rave about it) it is kid free and quiet but up on a much higher deck and no water to dip toes into or cool off in.

So we went to H2O which is adults only, has a bar, a pool and two hot tubs. Tables and chairs and loungers are available. Bathrooms close by and snack foods. So this is were we hung out! And it was free!

I am a big sunbather and typically we are at All Inclusive resorts on the beach, so a few years back when sailing The Epic I had read we needed to buy the Posh pass so we checked it out as soon as we got on board and it didn't impress me (other's do rave about it) it is kid free and quiet but up on a much higher deck and no water to dip toes into or cool off in.

So we went to H2O which is adults only, has a bar, a pool and two hot tubs. Tables and chairs and loungers are available. Bathrooms close by and snack foods. So this is were we hung out! And it was free!

Perfect!! That is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you!!

Also, when you took the tender to GSC, did you need to reserve a tender ticket ahead of time or did you just get one in the morning?

Thanks again

Perfect!! That is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you!!

Also, when you took the tender to GSC, did you need to reserve a tender ticket ahead of time or did you just get one in the morning?

Thanks again

Because we had booked the stingray excursion we did not need to book a tender reservation, we just showed up and they let us go!

When we tendered in Europe on The Epic they used the life boats, but for Grand Cayman and GSC they used local boats which held a lot more people so tenders to and from were no problems for us and very little wait time