Monaco to Eze

wp bob

How do you get to Eze from Monte Carlo on a Sunday (other than on a tour)? The usual local city bus does not run Sunday.

So you have discovered that the French hate to work on Sundays (and holidays). So what to do? There are a few options.

If you must use public transport you could take the train from Monte Carlo to the Eze Bord de Mer Station. From that station you can catch the #83 bus (it does run on Sundays) but this bus line only runs about once per hour (and not all around lunch hours). Another option is to hike from that station, but its a long hike and nearly all uphill (but it is downhill for the return hike). There is a path and you would want to do some research about the route. Personally we do not recommend this hike except for those that love long up hill hikes and are in the proper condition.

A third option (our personal favorite) is to simply rent a car for the day. There are not too many rental car agencies open on Sunday, but I believe that Avis still has their office open on Sunday morning (and you can drop the car after hours). There might be some other Sunday rental car options in Monte Carlo...but we have not researched this in a few years.

And finally there are taxis....but that can be pretty expensive. I do not know the current fare but would guess its in excess of 50€ one-way.

So why do we like to rent a car? Because it makes it relatively easy for us to get to places on our own schedule. Personally, on a Sunday we would be driving to St Paul de Vence (after stopping in Nice for the Flower Market) and perhaps making a short stop at Eze Village on our way back to Monte Carlo.

Hank

• 6 months later...
With a private driver......There were 6 of us!! Well worth it...

I an interested in visiting Eze and perhaps some of the same places you mentioned when we dock in Monte Carlo. Do you recall how you booked a private driver? I have everything planned for the other ports on our our "Mediterranean Mosaic" on HA is October but for some reason Monte Carlo has been difficult to make decisions about. Too many choices!