Uber in Amsterdam

dabear

I read that Uber is available in Amsterdam. Has anyone used them & what was your experience? Do you know the approximate cost from the Airport to central district (or station)? I know there is a train but that may be inconvenient with luggage.

We used Uber to get from central Amsterdam to the airport after staying a couple days in Amsterdam at the end of a cruise last spring. It was reliable and easy to use for us. We had been on a back to back cruise for almost a month so too much luggage to want to take the train. I don't recall the exact amount of the trip, but we thought it quite reasonable. As a previous poster said, you can get estimates of the trip cost on the Uber site.

I've never used Uber; but I am interested in using it in Amsterdam to go from my hotel near Schipol to Zaanse Schans. I checked uber.com and their quote is €32-43 for UberX. What is Uber BLACK (besides more expensive)?

It’s the type of car. IE Mercedes. If you look at Uber website, it explains the different categories. I’ve used Uber a lot and love it. There is 100% of the time someone knows where I’m at. IF I jump in a cab who knows where I’m at. No need for cash, automatically goes to my credit card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums