Byob

cruiseman111111

On the Sea Princess, charging was a bit hit and miss - of the 6 bottles we brought ourselves, I think we were charged corkage for only 3, maybe 4.

On one occasion, someone said something about them charging corkage only for wines which don't appear on their own wine list. I didn't understand that; the only possible explanation seems to be that if it was something they stock anyway, they couldn't know whether you'd bought the bottle on board or not. But the charging didn't correspond with what we'd brought (nothing was on the Princess wine list) nor would it have changed what we'd decided to bring even if we'd known in advance.

It says in Princess cruise brochure you can bring wine for a special occasion, I plan to have 10 special occasions on my 1-19-06 cruise on the Dawn out of SF

Jim

You will be accommodated. I talked to someone who brought a case on my Dawn Princess cruise. No worries. Bring a cork-screw if you plan to drink the wine in your room as they are sometimes hard to come by. And right, theoretically there is a $10 corkage fee in the dining room.

You will be accommodated. I talked to someone who brought a case on my Dawn Princess cruise. No worries. Bring a cork-screw if you plan to drink the wine in your room as they are sometimes hard to come by. And right, theoretically there is a $10 corkage fee in the dining room.

The corkage fee seems to depend on your waiter. We've been on cruises where we were never charged a fee and others where we were charged a fee each time. IMO, $10 is not too much to pay to drink the wine of your choice.

Archived