Goff's Caye or Rendezvous Caye in Belize? Grand Princess

jbobst

We are going on the Grand Princess in February, and we have decided to take a snorkel/beach excursion to one of the Caye's during our Belize stop. Princess offers a couple of excursions to these tiny, remote islands, but we don't know which one to take. On a previous thread, I have been told that Rendezvous Caye is a great trip. However, if you look at the price difference between the two Caye excursions, the Goff's trip is MUCH less expensive. If we do the Rendezvous Caye, we'll be paying for two adults at $76 each and my two kids will cost $61 each. The Goff's Caye trip is only $30 per kid and only $59 for the adults, each. Unfortunately, Princess does not go into much detail about the trips, and they basically sound like the same thing...just different locations. They both have the same 3 1/2 hour time requirement as well.

There seem to be two other Caye trips as well that include snorkeling and beach time. Sergeant's Caye and Caulker Caye??? These two are also more expensive than Goff's.

Can anyone tell me the difference in these excursions?

I should have posted this thread in the "shore excursions" forum, but they don't have a specific forum for Belize...

We went on the Rendezvous Cay trip on the Grand last year and loved it. They picked us up directly from the ship and transported us to the island about 35 minutes away. We snorkled for a half hour or so and then went to the beach for about an hour for some fun. They had paddle kayaks and foam mattresses to rest on, rum punch to drink and souviners you could buy. It was fun to swim in the water and relax but there wasn't much else to do on the small island. I think there were only about a half dozen trees on the island itself.. They then brought us back to the ship. I throught it was somewhat expensive, but timewise, fit into our schedule. All of the excursions are at the distance as you dock 3 miles or so offshore. So there is a lot of time in being transported to the shore. We were there on a Sunday and after 12 p.m., the town shuts down, so we just stay onboard the ship. Hope that helps.

Ray and Barbara

Archived