Cruising with a cheapskate: Review of NCL Epic 3/31-4/7 2018

drewsmom123

Thanks for sharing your trip! Great review! It will be helpful to me, because we haven't been to a number of the places that y'all went. Looks like y'all had a great time! We enjoyed our time on Epic also, and would take that ship again. Hope you get to cruise again soon!!

I’ll be about 100 miles west from the port. Hopefully car fire free? I’m definitely using the Waze ap. It’s real time traffic info that gives the best routes including alternatives around car fires and the like.

Love Waze!!!!!

We visited the fitness center on deck 14, I thought walking on a treadmill while looking out would be great, it turns out vertigo doesn’t like motion in 2 directions at the same time. The center was however, very nice. There seemed to be just about any kind of exercise device that you could possibly need. There was a kettle bell class going on and sign ups for person coaches. That was enough working out for me.

Our CC Meet and Greet was at 11 in the Cavern Club (thanks once again PJ Morrissey). There were about 40 people in attendance, there were snacks and juice. Several officers showed up and spoke. Nelson the Hotel Director talked for a while about the recent negativity on CC about the short spring break cruises advertised at college campuses. He explained that it was an experiment that was very hard on the crew. Turning 4,100 @ double occupancy ever 7 days was really a challenge, but doing it twice in one week where a lot of rooms were full was extremely difficult. He also explained that after their European run the Epic would not be returning to Port Canaveral. He said that port just wasn’t big enough to handle the number of people. She will be porting in Puerto Rico starting in November.

Very interesting!!! We are booked on the Epic out of Port Canaveral on Dec 5 for 10 nights - hope we don’t have to change - this port is good for us - metro Atlanta area.

Finished reading and loved your posts! I appreciate your humor,combined frugality and spendiness [emoji23] and learned a couple of things. My husband also harasses and humors my incessant research and reading pre-cruise, and we are currently still 235 days out. For the record, just grabbed my Rumchata and Fireball and have a new favorite beverage! Not much on shots although it was tasty. Next time I'll have add cream and have it on the rocks as a cocktail. Thanks again for a great review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very interesting!!! We are booked on the Epic out of Port Canaveral on Dec 5 for 10 nights - hope we don’t have to change - this port is good for us - metro Atlanta area.

I hope so too. We're booked on the cruise prior to yours. I looked at schedules on the NCL website and it looks like Epic will be sailing from San Juan but not until 2019 so hopefully were OK.

Edited by emcelh