Radisson airport shuttle?? (Cape Canaveral)

HappyCruiser383

We booked our cruise last night! Yee haa! What a great Christmas gift.

I have a couple questions. I understand that the Radisson offers a port shuttle but do they offer an airport shuttle? If not, what is the best way (and inexpesive) to get to the hotel from the Orlando airport? I read that Avis offers a free shuttle but which Avis? What about after the cruise? How would we get back to the airport?

Our plan is to fly into Orlando a couple days before the cruise in May. The only thing we really want to see is a Krispy Kreme donught shop :D and the MGM Studios. The day we return, we'll fly home (5pm flight).

Please help! This is the only thing giving me problems! LOL

We stayed at the Raddisson this past August. We didn't use their shuttle service. I know they shuttle to the port (there were a lot of people waiting for the shuttle in the lobby area) , but I don't know about the airport. You could call them and ask. We rented a car at the airport from Budget (approx. $32.00) and drove to the Radisson. We checked in and then explored the area. (Cocoa Beach) The next morning we dropped the car off at the local Budget which is very close to the Radisson. They then shuttled us for free to the port. It went so smoothly. After the cruise, Budget was there to pick us up and bring us back to their building and picked up another car to drive to the airport. We had extra time so we drove around more and did some shopping, etc. Hope this helps.:)

We flew into Orlando, rented a car with Budget and dropped off in Cocoa Beach. It was painless and very efficient. Drive from Orlando is very easy and staff at Budget very helpful. Location is right on A1A which is the main strip in Cocoa Beach. Port is just a few minutes away. The driver asked if we needed a pick up after our cruise...some people did but we didn't. Use cruise transportation instead. Would recommend reserving car in advance. The day we dropped off our car (around 10 a.m. or so), there were people waiting. Assumed that reservations especially on cruise ship days would be necessary.

Glad I could help HappyCruiser!! Yes, I made reservations on the Budget website before we arrived. I can not stress enough how smoothly this went. As another poster stated, its an easy drive down to the port. After the cruise, Budget runs their vans every 20 minutes or so and brings you back to Budget to pick up another car. There is also an Avis that does this too. Budget had the best prices for us.

Oh, we dropped the car off at Budget the morning of our cruise at 10:00am and they shuttled us over to the port. (The driver was an older gentleman and had wonderful stories of Long Island which is where we are from) were in the terminal no later than 10:30, got on a short line, went through the paperwork for our S & S cards and waited in chairs for about 45 minutes. We were on the ship by 11:30am! Great way to start our vacation!:D

Archived