Sunshine - Accessible Aft View Balcony Cabin ????

GeorgiaMomof4

I'm looking at cruising on the Sunshine next year. My husband has some mobility issues

and it looks like there is an aft view balcony cabin that is accessible for mobility issues.

It is not a handicapped cabin, but modified for someone who has mobility issues which

is what he needs.

We have never cruised in an accessible cabin nor an aft view cabin so I have some

questions for all of you.

First off, what would the differences be for the accessible part of the cabin - extra hand

rails, different bathroom set up, etc.?

Next - it doesn't look like the balcony is longer just deeper - is that correct? It also looks

as if it is partially covered and partially open. My questions are - do they normally have

chairs and a chaise lounge or just chairs? Also, will it be shaded all the time or will there

be times it should have some sun on it.

I'd love it if it was partly sunny and partly shady as my DH could sit in the shade with

me out there while I enjoyed the sun.

Anyone who has stayed in one of these cabins or even just an aft balcony cabin - I would

appreciate your comments.

Thank you very much!

I have not sailed on the Sunshine, or in a handicapped accessible cabin, so I cannot offer any help specific to those questions.

I have sailed in aft-extended balconies on the Magic and the Breeze, both Dream class ships.

The balconies are longer and easily accommodate two chairs, a small table, and a lounger.

The only ones that offer any shade are on the deck directly below the overhang of the Lido deck, or deck 8 on the Sunshine. Cabins on that deck also provide the most privacy. People on the Lido cannot look down onto your balcony.

They get no, I repeat NO breeze.

If sailing during high summer I avoid them, except for the deck directly under Lido.

The view is arguably the best of the best. More than 180 degrees. The wake is mesmerizing. There is virtually no foot traffic in the hallway.

I suggest you contact Carnival about accessible cabins.

We by chance had a handicap accessible room on deck 5 aft. We have had the aft balconies before and aft wrap. This room was huge! Bigger than normal and even had a big bathroom. The balconies are great. We love the aft balconies, they can be sunnier, there is usually a little bit of overhang but not much. Deeper. This one has a little ramp that popped down when you opened the balcony door, nice for wheelchair. We didn't need the room and I honestly didn't know it was handicapped room when booked. Nice that we were not bumped from it. Only problem was at the time it had come out of dry dock not long before and we had issues with toilet not flushing. Had to have someone come several times. Kind of an inconvenience. But they made it right. Nice room if you have wheelchair or scooter, plenty of room.

I have not sailed on the Sunshine, or in a handicapped accessible cabin, so I cannot offer any help specific to those questions.

I have sailed in aft-extended balconies on the Magic and the Breeze, both Dream class ships.

The balconies are longer and easily accommodate two chairs, a small table, and a lounger.

The only ones that offer any shade are on the deck directly below the overhang of the Lido deck, or deck 8 on the Sunshine. Cabins on that deck also provide the most privacy. People on the Lido cannot look down onto your balcony.

They get no, I repeat NO breeze.

If sailing during high summer I avoid them, except for the deck directly under Lido.

The view is arguably the best of the best. More than 180 degrees. The wake is mesmerizing. There is virtually no foot traffic in the hallway.

I suggest you contact Carnival about accessible cabins.

Bury Me At Sea - thanks so much! We will be cruising in February so hopefully it won't be too hot. I was wondering

about the breeze and if there would be any lol! I may have to check about changing to a higher deck then!

Thank you!