For the Seasoned Golf Cart Renters...what are the must see/do things

ccturner26

We've rented a golf cart. I know that you can't walk up the lighthouse already, but that most people make the trip to see it. What are your must do/see items, maybe ones that surprised you that you loved? Beaches? Places to stop for lunch? I am scouring this board and pulled great nuggets here and there but I am thinking there has to be more than just donkeys and a lighthouse to see. LOL

On the drive up to the lighthouse, stop at the John Glenn capsule at the airport entrance. After the lighthouse, the only thing left to do is to head back to Cockburntown and drive up the main drag. There are small shops and some historical sites there. People have gone to the saltworks too. You can stop up at Pillory Beach just north of town and if they have room available spend some time on the beach. I think it was $10 for a lounger, but prices may have risen, post hurricane. Otherwise, beach time is best back at cruise port. You can eat there too. But IMO best to be in town. John's Oceanview is on the beach and has great good and reasonable drink prices. There's also Barbie's and Bonnie's Spot.

On the drive up to the lighthouse, stop at the John Glenn capsule at the airport entrance. After the lighthouse, the only thing left to do is to head back to Cockburntown and drive up the main drag. There are small shops and some historical sites there. People have gone to the saltworks too. You can stop up at Pillory Beach just north of town and if they have room available spend some time on the beach. I think it was $10 for a lounger, but prices may have risen, post hurricane. Otherwise, beach time is best back at cruise port. You can eat there too. But IMO best to be in town. John's Oceanview is on the beach and has great good and reasonable drink prices. There's also Barbie's and Bonnie's Spot.

What is the saltworks?

We love to just drive...check out random roads and have found a few WONDERFUL and relatively empty beaches. We also stop at the grocery store for local snacks and eat at a fish shack on the water (ask your golf cart company for a recommendation). Most of the "dives" have amazing food.