Chocolate

ccturner26

Many years ago, we went here and got Dutch chocolate. We were not on a tour, just meandered around and shopped. Still doable after the hurricane? AND is there still chocolate? I'm inquiring for my kids. Oh, who am I kidding, it might be for me.

The Belgian Chocolate Box Shop at port was open for business on Sunday February 18, 2018 - we bought chocolate there. I am not sure about the shop in town. I have heard that the Old Street location was hit hard by Irma and no longer there - but that the shop is open at a new location in town - but I do not know where.

The Belgian Chocolate Box Shop at port was open for business on Sunday February 18, 2018 - we bought chocolate there. I am not sure about the shop in town. I have heard that the Old Street location was hit hard by Irma and no longer there - but that the shop is open at a new location in town - but I do not know where.

We were in St. Maarten on Feb 16th, knowing that they reopened at the new location near the old location. Unfortunately I forgot to take the map of the new location and could not find it. Too bad I wanted to take our grandkids to buy some chocolate.

"It is a little further to the East along Front Street. Opposite Guavaberry Emporium there is a side street and it is half way down there. There is a large jeweller called Goldfinger on the corner with Front Street."

We buy our specific brand of chocolates at "Admiral" general store by the cruise dock. It's probably the only place in the Caribbean that sells Lindt chocolate with whole almonds. A single bar sells for $11 per. Cannot get them in the U.S.

WE bought some on our Jan. 28th Anthem 12 niter. We will load up on our upcoming Allure cruise and give them our kids as gifts rather the usual magnets.