Sale on the deluxe drink package?

Sunmist

My boyfriend doesn’t drink but I do. I thought I read somewhere that you could call RC for an exception? I can’t imagine having to buy 2 drink packages for 1 person to drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My boyfriend doesn’t drink but I do. I thought I read somewhere that you could call RC for an exception? I can’t imagine having to buy 2 drink packages for 1 person to drink!

You can call and get the refreshment package for the boyfriend.

What happens if you use on board credit and end up finding a lower price? Are you still able to cancel and get a refund and rebook at the lower price? Or is that an issue with on board credit? Thanks!

No issue at all. If you cancel a purchase made with OBC, the OBC shows up immediately.

Oh...I thought that you had to purchase the same packages. I wanted to do the deluxe for me and the soda package for him.

From reading the boards, I believe that they will allow you to purchase one deluxe package if the other person does not drink, has a medical condition, etc. However, the lowest I've seen mention of going is to the refreshment package, which covers essentially any non-alcoholic drink you can think of. I don't know that they will let you go as low as a soda package as the second package, but it is certainly worth calling and asking. You cannot book a this way online, it must be over the phone with Royal.

From reading the boards, I believe that they will allow you to purchase one deluxe package if the other person does not drink, has a medical condition, etc. However, the lowest I've seen mention of going is to the refreshment package, which covers essentially any non-alcoholic drink you can think of. I don't know that they will let you go as low as a soda package as the second package, but it is certainly worth calling and asking. You cannot book a this way online, it must be over the phone with Royal.

Yes, he’s a non drinker but does enjoy Virgin drinks...lol!! I am using a travel agent so I’ll give her a call to find out if I need to call RC directly or if she can handle it. Thanks BethV114!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am about 50 days out from our may sailing on Anthem of the seas and just bought the Deluxe beverage package at $39 per person. This is the lowest I have seen it since I booked the cruise. It was a no brainer to purchase it now, as the 30% off sale stops tomorrow.

I have a question about the coffee included in the deluxe beverage package. I've read on here how bad the regular coffee is. How do you get a "better" cup of coffee? Can I order it with my meal or do I have to get it myself from a "coffee shop"? This may seem like a dumb question:). But, I do enjoy a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Can I get this from room service? I have the deluxe beverage package. Thanks.

We just booked our cruise for this upcoming July and would like to purchase the deluxe drink package. I was just wondering if we should wait and see if the price drops or will it always stay the same ($55/day)?

Do they ever have sales on the drink packages?

I sail 5/31/18 and my prepay price is $42.

I have a question about the coffee included in the deluxe beverage package. I've read on here how bad the regular coffee is. How do you get a "better" cup of coffee? Can I order it with my meal or do I have to get it myself from a "coffee shop"? This may seem like a dumb question:). But, I do enjoy a good cup of coffee first thing in the morning. Can I get this from room service? I have the deluxe beverage package. Thanks.

Room service is not included in the beverage packages.

Everyone seems to have his or her own opinion on the quality of the coffee. You will just have to try it and see what YOU think. :)

We just booked our cruise for this upcoming July and would like to purchase the deluxe drink package. I was just wondering if we should wait and see if the price drops or will it always stay the same ($55/day)?

Do they ever have sales on the drink packages?

Currently at $45!

Since you have the drink package, go to the specialty coffee venue on the ship and try an "Americano". It's just espresso diluted with hot water.

• 1 month later...
Is there a pattern to RCCL sales? Currently, there is a 25% off sale for Shore Excursions. Does anyone think there will be a sale on drink packages this coming weekend?

No discernable patterns.

Is there a pattern to RCCL sales? Currently, there is a 25% off sale for Shore Excursions. Does anyone think there will be a sale on drink packages this coming weekend?

No discernible patterns, and even if there are sales, they may or not be cheaper than what you currently see. I would suggest not waiting if there is something you are going to book, then if the price goes down, cancel and rebook it at the new price.

No discernible patterns, and even if there are sales, they may or not be cheaper than what you currently see. I would suggest not waiting if there is something you are going to book, then if the price goes down, cancel and rebook it at the new price.

Will there be enough time in the sale to wait on the money to come back into my account before I rebook?

Will there be enough time in the sale to wait on the money to come back into my account before I rebook?

No guarantees on that, but I waited to book the deluxe for my wife when it was $45, but then it went up and never came back to that. Ended up booking at 50, but then it did eventually come down to 47, so I changed to that. Just know you might end up paying more by waiting.

No guarantees on that, but I waited to book the deluxe for my wife when it was $45, but then it went up and never came back to that. Ended up booking at 50, but then it did eventually come down to 47, so I changed to that. Just know you might end up paying more by waiting.

Thanks

No discernable patterns.

Exactly, I booked our Excursion for the President's cruise at $48 pp. It has never gone below $51 pp since, no matter "what" sale they are offering. Same with the Bev Pkg, I got it for $45pp on Harmony and it has never gone below $48 since. I watch every day. If they don't go low enough, I wait until I am on the ship because with my 30% D+ discount, I get a better price buying on the ship than Royal's "sales"