Sea's at say 12', hows the ride?

sunbrookgal

I bought ginger capsules, basically just clear capsules filled with powdered ginger. These: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00014EECK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_a_it

I also brought these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00I5X06DU/ref=mp_s_a_1_5_a_it for when a glass of water wasn’t available. But the capsules are just straight ginger and do a nice job of settling the stomach. I use them at home on occasion now, too.

I should point out that neither of us turned out to be wildly prone to seasickness. My DH didn’t need anything, and I never needed anything stronger than the ginger.

Thank you again! I bought those but how do you take it? Starting before the cruise or before the bad weather?:confused:

Thank you again! I bought those but how do you take it? Starting before the cruise or before the bad weather?:confused:

I just took ginger when my stomach started feeling a little oogly. (That’s also how I take it at home.) I may have taken it a couple of times when I could tell the seas were getting rough.

Some people swear by taking it on a regular basis throughout the cruise, just in case. (With meals, just morning and evening, once a day, etc.) I think you just experiment and see what helps you.

I just took ginger when my stomach started feeling a little oogly. (That’s also how I take it at home.) I may have taken it a couple of times when I could tell the seas were getting rough.

Some people swear by taking it on a regular basis throughout the cruise, just in case. (With meals, just morning and evening, once a day, etc.) I think you just experiment and see what helps you.

Thank you!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can only speak of our experience last fall Rome to Lisbon. It was our first ocean cruise (many river cruises). On our second evening the captain made the decision to not port in Marseille and sail on to Barcelona due to 12-15 foot seas. My husband can't go ocean fishing with friends because he suffers from seasickness in relatively calm weather. No problems on Viking Sun I'm happy to report so we leave on another cruise later this month.