Formal Night Picture Prices?

CruiseFairy

Guest Time2gocruzn

Posing/sitting for the pics is free. They will have tons of different backdrops set up and you can pose at all of them if you wish. You are not obligated to buy any of them. They display them in the 8x10 size, which are $20 to purchase. If you want them in a smaller size, you are required to buy the 8x10 first and then they will make whatever size you want (although you can do that at home for much cheaper. They post a warning that if you scan/copy them there is a Carnival logo that shows up, but it does not.) They do display/sell some pics in 5x7 size (like dining room pics and on the gangway when you get off at the ports) but most of the pics you pose for will be printed/sold as 8x10's.

We got GREAT family/formal pics on our cruise. There were 6 of us in the pic and it cost me $20 to buy it. Compare that to what a sitting fee "at home" would cost for 6 people plus pic prices, I think that is pretty reasonable:) They really do take great pics.

I am reading that the emabarkation photo-- the one they take of you when you first get on the ship is now made into a 8x10 and costs 20 bucks.

I have always got this photo but if its an 8 x10 I dont need it that big and wont be buying it. Did they offer you smaller photos on non formal nights??

On eachnight of the cruise there are backdrops to have your phot taken. Some of these backdrops change eachnight...so have your picture taken each night- on the last night go over your photos and pick out the one you like best.

No pressure

serene, we sailed the triumph in nov. the embarkation photo's were 5x7's as were many of the nightly shots with the exception of formal. If I remember correctly on casual nights, the photographers had a sign if the pic was black and white or only in 8x10. All the 8x10's were $20. At least you can still get the smaller ones... like getting off the ship at each port and dinner photo's.

I don't even know why we buy the embarkation photos. It's either after a day of traveling, or after experiencing those fun lines.

If they've now made then larger, there's no way in hell I'm buying them.

Being the formals haven't a sitting charge, it's easy just to pose for a couple of them, and see how they come out. If there's no lines, sometimes we hit all the backdrops. We even did the Olde Fashioned pics this past cruise.

Mostly, all on display look smashing. It's really hard to throw some of them into those slots!

Archived