Dr. Suess Breakfast?

KatiHNelson

I see where they have the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast and there is an extra charge, is that something you book ahead of time or just show up that day? I know on the Disney Cruise if you didn't book things well in advance you were out of luck so I don't want to miss out on this one!

It has to be booked in advance, I believe it's $5pp. On embarkation there will be stations set up to entice you to buy drink packages, book spa treatments and make reservations in the paid restaurants. You will find somewhere amongst these to book it and I believe you can also phone to reserve from your cabin. It it so much fun! Me and my 20yr old son went to it on The Breeze last year - well worth the small payment - Enjoy!

There’s also a number that you can call from your cabin to book it. They will leave you the information in a flyer/advertisement. My husband and I (no young kids) did it once, just for the experience. It’s was ok. Really nothing that you can’t off the normal sea day brunch menu. But, the kids that were there seemed to enjoy it. Which is really the point of it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and I enjoyed it without any kids or even our grandkids. We couldn't find the sign-up table on embarkation day so we just called from our stateroom . It usually happens later in the cruise but you should probably sign up on day one just make sure you get in. 20161203_085147.jpg

3breakfasts.jpgmeandathing.jpg

Seuss breakfast is a lot of fun even for the adults. It is worth the nominal fee. They allow you to take your own pictures with the characters in addition to the ship photographer's pictures. The characters are great with the kids and the decor is awesome. The menu is whimsical and the food is very colorful. Our 31 year old son went with his adult beverage and had steak and eggs and smiled like a three year old in his pictures with Thing 1 and Thing 2.

If you try to call from your room and no one answers you'll want to go to guest services to reserve a spot. We tried to call from our room after being on the Vista for a few days and no one answered. By the time we got to guest services it was full. We were pretty disappointed, but that won't be happening this time around. It'll be one of the first things we reserve so our boys can be a part of it.

Definitely reserve! Our friends tried to just show up and were turned away as it was already full. I always look for the information on the first day and if I can't find it, I call Guest Services (or swing by the desk). It's a priority for my character-loving kiddos!

We did this on the Magic a couple weeks ago as a walk up. We were surprised they could accommodate us. So even if you don't reserve ahead of time, give the walk up a try and you might get lucky! Definitely worth a couple dollars per person. Food is not anything amazing, but lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Forums mobile app

I see where they have the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast and there is an extra charge, is that something you book ahead of time or just show up that day? I know on the Disney Cruise if you didn't book things well in advance you were out of luck so I don't want to miss out on this one!

My advice would be to book it ahead of time or book the first day onboard ship. It will fill up VERY fast and it's only $5/pp and TOTALLY worth it. :-D We did it with our son right after they first introduced it awhile back and we had a BLAST. :-D

I want to sign up however, my DW says we have no kids we would look stupid. I say yes we may look stupid with no kids, but we would be having fun, fun, fun looking stupid with our Flu Floopers,Tar Tinkers, Who Hoovers, Gar Ginkers,Trum Tupers,Slu Slumkers, Blum Bloopers, Who Wompers, Zu Zitter Carzay, Who Carnio Flunx.:D

When we signed up we happened to walk past the sign up table since it was on our deck. We stayed on the deck that was one above the pool. They were in the lobby area right before you could walk outside.

I want to sign up however, my DW says we have no kids we would look stupid. I say yes we may look stupid with no kids, but we would be having fun, fun, fun looking stupid with our Flu Floopers,Tar Tinkers, Who Hoovers, Gar Ginkers,Trum Tupers,Slu Slumkers, Blum Bloopers, Who Wompers, Zu Zitter Carzay, Who Carnio Flunx.:D

Go and have fun. Dr Seuss brings out the kid in all of us. I've been enjoying his work for more than 60 years and plan on going whether my grandkids do or not.