Vista love

kwaltersmi

Thanks for your review. We are sailing in April and are pretty excited about the ship.

Did you happen to visit the Havana pool area after 7PM? Was it crowded?

Yes, we visited the Havana pool once after 7pm and were literally the only ones there. We also visited the Havana Bar on multiple occasions and found that it too was very underutilized. There were always a a handful of people dancing and enjoying the live band, but definitely an uncrowded little haven.

Just wondering, were you on the East or West sailing? What nights were elegant nights?

We were on the 6 night Western cruise (Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel). The elegant nights were the first sea day (night 2) and the after Grand Cayman. Contrary to many reviews I've read, I felt like most of the passengers observed the elegant attire requirements and were decked out. In fact, even on cruise casual nights, most folks in the MDR were dress more formal than I would have expected.

IT's not because they're new. It's because the new ships are often bigger, more crowded yet with smaller venues. They pack more venues on the larger ship, but when everyone wants to do the same thing at the same time, long wait times and lines form. It was the same problem with the NCL's Breakaway. Add on top of that many of the cruise companies are cutting back on staff and people really begin to dislike the larger ships.

I can agree to this. I’ve been avoiding booking on one of the new ships for fear of crowding. Also, I don’t like the “shopping mall” feel that a lot of them have on other lines.

Does the Vista have windows in the main dining rooms? I love being able to look out at the ocean during dinner and I think a lot of the newer ships have layouts with the main dining areas in the center of the ships with little or no ocean view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the Vista have windows in the main dining rooms?

The Horizons dining room does. This is at the aft of the ship and is for you YTD. We were never in the midships Reflections dining room, so I don't know about that one.

Love the review! Thanks for taking the time! What type of cabin did you have?

We were in a balcony cabin deck 7 at the near the aft end. We loved the location because we were right around the corner from stairs and were just 2 decks up from the Havana Bar and 3 decks down from the Lido Deck and the Tides Pool/Bar. Also very easy access to Ocean Plaza. We didn't use an elevator all week long.