Cruise Booking Glitch or great opportunity?

keychee

So I'm trying to book a cruise for May 2018 and I selected our standard interior room and the option to choose my room. After selecting that option, it confirms the price and takes me directly to the page to pay for the itinerary. Is it possible that I would be given a room if another type (OV, Balcony or Suite)? To be clear, if I select other options, I am able to select a room on a deck of my choosing. I just want to know what I am getting myself into before actually booking the cruise.

So I'm trying to book a cruise for May 2018 and I selected our standard interior room and the option to choose my room. After selecting that option, it confirms the price and takes me directly to the page to pay for the itinerary. Is it possible that I would be given a room if another type (OV, Balcony or Suite)? To be clear, if I select other options, I am able to select a room on a deck of my choosing. I just want to know what I am getting myself into before actually booking the cruise.

Hi

I can't see what you are doing, but the selection that moves directly to payment before cabin selection will normally happen only for a "guarantee" cabin selection. You do not get to select your cabin. One clue is that this selection is typically the least expensive. If you are still in doubt and want to confirm before doing something you don't want, call Carnival and talk with them as you are doing it on the computer.

hope this helps

If you are being directed straight to payment without selecting a room, then you are buying a guaranteed room. This means you are guaranteed a cabin in the class or better. The "or better" part doesn't happen often, but it does happen. I have purchased an inside guarantee room and actually ended up in an ocean view room when my room was assigned.

Please note this is usually the cheapest way to go, and for a reason. You can also end up in one of the "worst" rooms. (noisy area, bad location, etc.). I personally like to pick my room so I can see what I am getting and what is around it - and have only done guaranteed a couple of times when we were doing a cheap last-minute SHORT get away (would never do this on a longer cruise only a 3 dayer). I have been lucky to get rooms assigned that were OK, but there are places on the ships where the noise, etc. can be an issue.