Upgrading drink package

ropo73

Both my husband and I have the classic drink package. He, however would like to upgrade to the deluxe package. Would our whole cabin(kids included) have to do this, or can he just do it. I don’t feel the need to.

Thanks!

IMO...unless your husband is a committed premium brand drinker..... It really isn't worth it because your package would need to be upgraded as well. There are some slight benefits of the deluxe...such as minibar fridge in cabin is included and you get discounts on bottles of wine. A few other subtle add-ons. Only you can make the decision as to whether the additional monies are worth having the upgraded package. Have you reviewed both packages??

There isn't a deluxe package for kids, so they wouldn't have to be upgraded. However, if your husband upgrades, you'd have to as well. On US sailings it's only $8 pppd so, depending on the reason why he wants to upgrade, it may, or may not, be worth it.

There is really no need unless one has to have a particular top shelf drink, however it is easier to deal with the bartenders as the question of which beverage one may enjoy is never asked, they just serve. So, a little convenience, less hassle? Is it worth it? Your call.

Cheers.

Prior to upgrading to the YC for my upcoming sailing I had upgraded the classic drink package to the deluxe. I figured if I'm on vacation, I'm drinking the good stuff. In addition, when I drink beer I prefer craft beers and most of the craft beers on the menus I saw were not included with the classic package.

And as others have noted, both of you would have to upgrade.