Will Photo Package ever come to Carnival

heidiatmn

I've cruised 3 cruiselines and Carnivals the only one that doesn't have a photo option available. I love the option and they have made more $ off of me when I have had the package vs when I don't. Seems like a win win but maybe I'm missing something. I've done searching on the topic, but just wondering if anyone is in the opinion that it will ever come to Carnival, or has seen hints of it in testing which I thought I read some where but now can't find? We're doing a large family cruise in January and would just love the option!

There was one briefly in 2015 on Pride. I think it was a test of how it would sell?

We bought it and brought home so many prints, a 20x30, and everything on a thumb drive in the shape of a ship. Plus there were a few bonus gifts...tote, pens, etc... for around 300. Well worth it for everything we got. So many great family photos!

I wish they would bring it back too. I think later in that year, they jacked the price up. I would bet they priced it out of their market....then decided to scrap it because it didn't sell anymore. Very short sighted, but you can't show you were wrong in jacking up the price. I think it went up almost 200, to 500! No way at that price.

Yes, I also took advantage of the buy everything package when it was available on the Pride. I thought this was going to be the new norm when I purchased it. I would gladly pay $300 or so for every pic taken while I was on the cruise and Carnival just prints them and throws them away anyway.

I cruised MSC this past summer & I bought one of their packages. 100 pictures for $100 dollars. Money well spent!

You could choose from any size & even digitally enhanced pictures.

LOVED IT!

Either this is just a huge coincidence or someone just wanted a thread to themselves. This question was asked yesterday, so forgive me if I don't buy the "I've done searching on the topic" comment.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606048

Rude much?! If you don't have anything informative to say, don't post.

It is a cool incentive if they would offer it. We got a package on NCL Escape last cruise and it was really cool. We got 50 "free" photos in addition to $100 in arcade tokens for the kids on top of the beverage and dining packages.

One idea for a large family would be to see if you could do a shoot with the ship's photo studio. It could be inexpensive too if they let you split the cost among families.

I'm just brainstorming here but we also did portrait studio photos on Escape. We had never done family photos like that before and the next thing I know, I'm sitting on a white leather couch, drinking champagne for a "viewing" of the photos they took the night after the photo shoot. I whispered to my wife, this won't be cheap. I had no idea what she had gotten us into. We ordered some nice canvass prints for the wall and I don't regret it. They are very nice.

BUT, getting to my point. They also gave us a memory stick with all of the hi res photos on it and permission to make prints. Just buying the digital rights was an option too. That was about $700 for the memory stick alone without buying printed photos from the studio. But if many families split that cost, and they let you do that, it could be a deal - getting the photos reprinted at home for much cheaper.

Some people might still think that's spendy but my wife and I are going to be spending $900 for Cheers. That will be gone in a week. The photos you'll have forever. And no I don't work for the portrait studio. I almost had my heart stop when they told me the price initially. lol

Either this is just a huge coincidence or someone just wanted a thread to themselves. This question was asked yesterday, so forgive me if I don't buy the "I've done searching on the topic" comment.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606048

Jeez! SORRY! I actually did my searching last week when I had time to browse and didn’t find much. I don’t think there’s be any benefit at all to having my own thread. Sheesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL, I just asked about this yesterday. I so wish they would bring it to the Carnival Ships!

I’ve been pretty much living on here reading since I booked our trip but I missed it and apparently got some people cranky with me lol. busy week! I’ve read your post now too. I’m hoping it will come.

Yes, I also took advantage of the buy everything package when it was available on the Pride. I thought this was going to be the new norm when I purchased it. I would gladly pay $300 or so for every pic taken while I was on the cruise and Carnival just prints them and throws them away anyway.

Yes, wake up Carnival!

When we had the photo package on RCCL, we took every opportunity for family pics during every activity. We would never pay exorbitant prices for 1 or 2 pics.

On carnival, we wont even look at their photos due to the lack of a package. We'll take our own or ask a fellow cruiser if we all want in.

Cheers [emoji482]

Mick

I’ve been pretty much living on here reading since I booked our trip but I missed it and apparently got some people cranky with me lol. busy week! I’ve read your post now too. I’m hoping it will come.

No worries, That's why I said LOL! PLus even if you DO a search sometimes if its not worded right it doesn't come up. That "other" poster has very nasty things to say to anyone about asking something more than once, I think he is just an unhappy person. How someone who is getting ready to cruise can be unhappy, I don't know, it keeps me smiling most of the day!

Well, I have a few months before my cruise so I am keeping my fingers crossed that Carnival comes up with SOMETHING in the photo package department!

No worries, That's why I said LOL! PLus even if you DO a search sometimes if its not worded right it doesn't come up. That "other" poster has very nasty things to say to anyone about asking something more than once, I think he is just an unhappy person. How someone who is getting ready to cruise can be unhappy, I don't know, it keeps me smiling most of the day!

Well, I have a few months before my cruise so I am keeping my fingers crossed that Carnival comes up with SOMETHING in the photo package department!

Darlin', I'm not unhappy at all. If "nasty" means I don't buy the "I've searched everywhere but can't find it" line that's used repeatedly, then so be it. I typed in "Photo Package" into the search and have at least 6 discussion on the topic.

Maybe I just know how to use the search function more than most.

Rude much?! If you don't have anything informative to say, don't post.

Not rude at all. Expressed an opinion, much like you did with your post.

And my post was informative as I linked back to the thread on this same subject that was created yesterday.

Jeez! SORRY! I actually did my searching last week when I had time to browse and didn’t find much. I don’t think there’s be any benefit at all to having my own thread. Sheesh!

You had time to browse last week but not this week, even though "I’ve been pretty much living on here reading since I booked our trip," and certainly not before you created your thread.

o.k. just making sure I understand correctly.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

Who cares what anyone posts? Yeesh...

I don't care what someone posts. And is "Yeesh" the new thing to say in response to someone? Just making sure I'm up on the new forum etiquette, much like how you're supposed to search before posting to see if your question has already been asked/answered....which is kinda the power behind a forum. But, this is the Carnival forum, where Cheers! threads, dress code and other repetitive subjects can be posted without any worries.

But, hey, it's fun reading the same thing over and over again.

Not rude at all. Expressed an opinion, much like you did with your post.

And my post was informative as I linked back to the thread on this same subject that was created yesterday.

Informative? Really? If I may express my opinion, you posted the link to the earlier thread more to throw it in their face than provide them the information found in it. I don't post a lot, but I read a lot and if I see a thread on a subject I've already read or don't need information on, I don't open it. I definitely don't open it to flame the original poster. You can't scroll down 10 threads without seeing the same topics. Do you express your opinion on all those duplicates daily? You go on to post " But, hey, it's fun reading the same thing over and over again ", don't open the threads and you won't. All I'm saying is, you don't need to flame people. You could have pointed them to the other thread with out the sarcastic "so forgive me if I don't buy the "I've done searching on the topic" comment. Just my opinion!