Brussels city pass card

jeph

Along with a couple of local friends, I will be sailing to Norway for a week on the MS Rotterdam (round-trip from Rotterdam) in early June. Beforehand, we will also split a week ashore between Amsterdam and Brussels, with a day trip to Bruges.

I'm ordering an "IAmsterdam" city pass online, which offers free entry to nearly all museums, local transit, and other discounts. I understand there's a similar city pass available for Brussels, and was wondering if anyone has done this...If so, did you find it useful and a good value for the price?

Along with a couple of local friends, I will be sailing to Norway for a week on the MS Rotterdam (round-trip from Rotterdam) in early June. Beforehand, we will also split a week ashore between Amsterdam and Brussels, with a day trip to Bruges.

I'm ordering an "IAmsterdam" city pass online, which offers free entry to nearly all museums, local transit, and other discounts. I understand there's a similar city pass available for Brussels, and was wondering if anyone has done this...If so, did you find it useful and a good value for the price?

We've used almost all the city cards in the major European cities. We've found that you need to spend 2-3 days in a city to get the value out of the card. But with that said, you also really need to do the research to figure out if you can recoup enough of the cost to make it worthwhile. Also remember that they generally are consecutive days, so you need to stay in that city long enough.

For us, we don't mind taking a little loss on the cards, as they add a convenience factor that allows for ad-hoc adventures. The biggest gotcha we always encounter in Europe is that things like museums tend to not be open after 17:00 or 18:00 and sometimes are closed on odd days of the week.

Thanks for the feedback...We won't be in Brussels for very long, and that includes the day-trip to Bruges, so I will decide depending on the cost of the pass.