Ecoboats - FLL

DaisyandSika

We have rented the Ecoboats a number of times. If you or someone in your party is familiar with boating and understands navigation and safety, then you can operate the boat yourself. Otherwise, it is suggested to hire one of their captains to operate the boat for you. They are not difficult to operate, but having boating experience is recommended, especially since boating traffic along the New River can get busy at times.

You can reserve a boat for up to 10-12 people, bring your own food, drinks, etc.. You are given a map of the New River and the connecting canals; I believe the furthest you can go in the time allotted is to where the New River meets the Intracoastal Waterway. You can dock alongside a number of restaurants/bars along Downtown.

Highly recommend getting a captain if you aren't familiar with Fort Lauderdale. Currents in the New River can be really tricky as well as heavy boat traffic.

A large sailboat side-swiped our Ecoboat one evening. The "captain" was trying to beat the Andrews Ave Bridge as it was closing, sailed off his course, and directly in the path towards us. My husband has many years of boating experience, and luckily with his quick reflexes, we avoided getting hit head-on, and were only side-swiped by the sailboat's fender. The boat was not damaged and none of us in our party were injured, just shaken up, and very angry at the sailboat captain.

A large sailboat side-swiped our Ecoboat one evening. The "captain" was trying to beat the Andrews Ave Bridge as it was closing, sailed off his course, and directly in the path towards us. My husband has many years of boating experience, and luckily with his quick reflexes, we avoided getting hit head-on, and were only side-swiped by the sailboat's fender. The boat was not damaged and none of us in our party were injured, just shaken up, and very angry at the sailboat captain.

What a *******.

I see those boats walking to work, they are docked outside Bao.