April 15th Trans Atlantic

Mayo21

Just asking if anyone out there who’s in an Ocean Medallion room has received an email asking them to call and confirm their address for shipping of the Medallion? Letter has many more derails....internet for $9.99/day has to be purchased for the entire cruise. Otherwise it’s $14.99/day, was news to me! Our friends who are right next door to us on the ship got their email Thursday. I haven’t received mine. So I called the number on my friend’s letter and she said “oh, I can’t help you yet! That must have been sent out in error....we have a survey of questions to ask and yours isn’t here because emails haven’t been sent yet for that cruise”. WHAT......and then we got mysteriously disconnected when she said she’d ask her supervisor! I’m fuming....calling back tomorrow. So has anyone received info on that ***** PREVIEW CRUISE, as they refer to it in the letter??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are also on the trans Atlantic. On March 1, we received an email saying our cabin was not in the ***** group. We are happy.

We were just on the Regal 2 weeks ago. ***** was a total waste of time. All it could do is open your cabin door. And as an extra bonus, they took away the mailbox and now the steward has to shove all your Effy mail under the door and you have to bend over to pick it up. Maybe it is part of a new exercise program? ;)

People we talked to that had it, were not happy. You still need a cruise card, but it is different looking. Unless you want to wear it on a dumb plastic lariat, now you need to purchase some other contraption. $$$$

They said the packaging of the ***** from Princess was so elaborate, you would have thought you were receiving a Rolex! Sounds like a colossal waste of money on packaging & postage on Princess' part.

Those with ***** said it also took much longer to board the ship, then they had to go to the special ***** desk.

All Platinum & Elite members are getting free internet for the duration of the cruise. The pricing only refers to those not eligible for free internet to begin with.

We are also on the trans Atlantic. On March 1, we received an email saying our cabin was not in the ***** group. We are happy.

We were just on the Regal 2 weeks ago. ***** was a total waste of time. All it could do is open your cabin door. And as an extra bonus, they took away the mailbox and now the steward has to shove all your Effy mail under the door and you have to bend over to pick it up. Maybe it is part of a new exercise program? ;)

People we talked to that had it, were not happy. You still need a cruise card, but it is different looking. Unless you want to wear it on a dumb plastic lariat, now you need to purchase some other contraption. $$$$

They said the packaging of the ***** from Princess was so elaborate, you would have thought you were receiving a Rolex! Sounds like a colossal waste of money on packaging & postage on Princess' part.

Those with ***** said it also took much longer to board the ship, then they had to go to the special ***** desk.

All Platinum & Elite members are getting free internet for the duration of the cruise. The pricing only refers to those not eligible for free internet to begin with.

Wonder what is happening with ***** on Royal?

Wonder if our room steward could trash all the effy junk to avoid us having to do it

We are also on the April 15 Transatlantic. We got the email on Thursday and I called the number on Friday because our cabin is an Ocean Medallion cabin. Address was confirmed and said medallion would be mailed about 2 weeks before.

Are you in an Ocean Medallion cabin? Ocean Medallion cabins are Baja 301-336, Marina 201-238, Lido 201-302 and Caribe 336 and 337. If you are not in one of these cabins, no need to worry.

Unlimited internet is free for Platinum and Elite even if you are not in an Ocean Medallion cabin. Otherwise you would have purchase it.

Edited by whatcruiseisnext

Wonder what is happening with ***** on Royal?

Wonder if our room steward could trash all the effy junk to avoid us having to do it

There is no Ocean Medallion on Royal at this time and no inception date is planned. All ships are on hold until bugs worked out on the Regal. Based on all the problems I’m speculating it will be a long time in the future

We are also on the April 15 Transatlantic. We got the email on Thursday and I called the number on Friday because our cabin is an Ocean Medallion cabin. Address was confirmed and said medallion would be mailed about 2 weeks before.

Are you in an Ocean Medallion cabin? Ocean Medallion cabins are Baja 301-336, Marina 201-238, Lido 201-302 and Caribe 336 and 337. If you are not in one of these cabins, no need to worry.

Unlimited internet is free for Platinum and Elite even if you are not in an Ocean Medallion cabin. Otherwise you would have purchase it.

We’re in M209.....we do have the *****! I have not received the email, but my friend who’s room is next door, got her email! They told me when I called that the emails hadn’t been sent out, and she couldn’t help me....then we got disconnected surprisingly!!! I’m really mad and I’m calling tomorrow!!!! She literally lied to me! Thanks for your response!

We’re in M209.....we do have the *****! I have not received the email, but my friend who’s room is next door, got her email! They told me when I called that the emails hadn’t been sent out, and she couldn’t help me....then we got disconnected surprisingly!!! I’m really mad and I’m calling tomorrow!!!! She literally lied to me! Thanks for your response!

Keep us posted. Looking forward to sailing on the transatlantic with you!

I am surprised that the website banners for this asking or later ones do not say ocean Medallion preview yet. I am on the may 10 sailing and got the non ***** room preview letter . It looks like that only thing not listed is the oceanfront store and having a physical medallion. I am wondering if princess have a pouch for the cruise card that can be attached to a lanyard since the cards are rfid. The letter says I can even make a Tagalong character on the ocean portals

We rcvd the email, called and got hooked up on Friday. The woman we spoke to said only 160 cabins would have *****, so it should be interesting at least :cool:

Interesting for sure! Making my call today since I’ve received NO correspondence from them! Should be a beautiful cruise, though! Thanks to all who’ve responded!!

Just asking if anyone out there who’s in an Ocean Medallion room has received an email asking them to call and confirm their address for shipping of the Medallion? Letter has many more derails....internet for $9.99/day has to be purchased for the entire cruise. Otherwise it’s $14.99/day, was news to me! Our friends who are right next door to us on the ship got their email Thursday. I haven’t received mine. So I called the number on my friend’s letter and she said “oh, I can’t help you yet! That must have been sent out in error....we have a survey of questions to ask and yours isn’t here because emails haven’t been sent yet for that cruise”. WHAT......and then we got mysteriously disconnected when she said she’d ask her supervisor! I’m fuming....calling back tomorrow. So has anyone received info on that ***** PREVIEW CRUISE, as they refer to it in the letter??

We got a “you don’t get it” letter a few days ago and noted the lie on the letter too. The 18/04/15 transatlantic is still being sold not as a “preview” but rather as the “Ocean Medallion Vacation”. My TA contacted Princess and was told that while they were compensating Preview cruisers they had made a corporate decision to not compensate cruisers on their first ***** Vacation cruise, unless they were “frequent cruisers”. Allegedly new customers were expected to assume the Ocean Medallion program would be a failure and not expect it to be functional.

We got a “you don’t get it” letter a few days ago and noted the lie on the letter too. The 18/04/15 transatlantic is still being sold not as a “preview” but rather as the “Ocean Medallion Vacation”. My TA contacted Princess and was told that while they were compensating Preview cruisers they had made a corporate decision to not compensate cruisers on their first ***** Vacation cruise, unless they were “frequent cruisers”. Allegedly new customers were expected to assume the Ocean Medallion program would be a failure and not expect it to be functional.

My advice to you is: Call Princess yourself and explain your concerns and disappointment regarding *****, I did and got $100 OBC pp, that was before I got the no ***** letter. I was told by the rep that our cruise may still be posted as an ***** Vacation but is in reality an ***** Preview cruise. TA's aren't your only option, get the word from the horse's mouth as they say.

Sounds like your TA may have not really followed through on calling Princess. I know of many who are on after this cruise who have also received onboard credit even though cruises were listed as Ocean Medallion vacations.... one of which just received their onboard credit today. Take the advice above and call Princess yourself or call your TA back and update her/him that others are still getting the OBC. Unfortunately our cabin is one of the ones with the ***** on the transatlantic so I can’t call myself.

Princess has given up on Ocean Medallion as they have a new program. They just tell people about this mythological program, advertise it like mad and make all sorts of promises and then about a month before your cruise they change your sailing from an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” to a “Preview”. They will no longer provide any compensation nor will they even discuss the program. They will only say that you we wrong to assume the ***** program would ever work. There are only a few cabins on one ship which have it installed and they are not installing it in any more in the foreseeable future.