Chefs table

G. GIRL

My husband is fancying booking the chefs table on our upcoming cruise but I’m not sure. I’ve read it’s multiple courses but I have a very small appetite. Also I’ve read that it’s a ‘eat what you’re given’ menu and I don’t like fish very much and shellfish not at all.

Is there any leeway should there be something that is not to someone’s liking on the menu?

They change their menu every 3 days. The menus are listed on the el tropic boards near the elevators. You can also view a printed copy at the desk at the World Cafe. I don’t know if they will change out a menu item.

My husband is fancying booking the chefs table on our upcoming cruise but I’m not sure. I’ve read it’s multiple courses but I have a very small appetite. Also I’ve read that it’s a ‘eat what you’re given’ menu and I don’t like fish very much and shellfish not at all.

Is there any leeway should there be something that is not to someone’s liking on the menu?

Yes, there is some leeway. Once you board, go to talk to the folks at CT, explain your situation and ask if substitutions can be made. I can't eat certain foods and each time we have gone to CT, they have substituted for one course or another.

We very much enjoyed the food and the experience in the Chef's Table. By checking the menu in advance you may not need to substitute any item. As far as having a small appetite, the portions are small, and I was happily satisfied but not stuffed at the end of the meal.

It is quite simple to cancel reservations if you change your mind. Also, many people who do not get what they enjoy at the Chef's Table (and many who do enjoy the meal, but want some gelato for dessert) stop off in the World Cafe after their meal.

I don't eat seafood and they substituted a wonderful steak for the main course. No problems at all.

We very much enjoyed the food and the experience in the Chef's Table. By checking the menu in advance you may not need to substitute any item. As far as having a small appetite, the portions are small, and I was happily satisfied but not stuffed at the end of the meal.

We thoroughly enjoyed it, too. Your last sentence definitely explains how we felt at the end of dinner.