Bottled Water on Board?

jen95

I haven't sailed on Carnival since 2002, but will be on the Miracle 4/23. Can we purchase a case of bottled water on the ship to have in our stateroom? We did this last year on another line and it worked really well for us. Thanks.

If you want to bring water on with you, there is no problem in doing that. You can also pick up some in the ports, many ports I have been to have a grocery store within a short walk from the ship.

Since the ships take on water in "safe" places, you can also consume the tap water with no worries.

I would work with the assumption that unless you really know and trust the brand of bottled water, the ship's tap water will be "better."

Sure there are some brands that are "high quality," meaning that there are strict, measurable requirements and that these requirements must be met with every bottle. And there are many brands where they run it through a filter and cap it. If you know which is which, great. If not, who knows?

Assume that a corporation like Carnival has strict, measurable requirements for their water and that they are met constantly and documented. And that that documentation is checked when the ship is inspected.

The ship's "tap" water comes from their desalinization plant. Since it's fairly difficult to remove salt from ocean water, all other impurities are removed as well, and they don't need to use bleach to sanitize it like many land water treatment plants do. Ships' water usually tests cleaner than most bottled waters. As far as I know, ships do not "take on water" from the ports. I don't think it would be possible to take on enough water for cooking, cleaning, the pools, and the passengers' and crews' needs (drinking and bathing). It would especially be logistically impossible on a Hawaiian cruise, as they are at sea for 5 days. If that much water wouldn't outright sink the ship, they at least would have no room for any other supplies, i.e. food.

We'll be on that cruise with you Jen. We have a roll call started but so far there is only us and another couple who have posted. Anyways, we usually bring a few bottles from home and keep the bottles and refill them with the tap water on the ship. I can't tell the differrence.

Archived