Godfrey Tour Shopping/Beach Question

brandylaw

After searching this subject a while I am not clear on something and was hoping someone would help me out on this.

I am almost 100% convinced Godfrey is the way to go for me, bf and folks. For the shopping part, is it possible for bf and whoever else that does not want to partake in it, walk to the beach?

I have looked at a map, but I figured Charlotte/Amalie harbor area is more that walking distance to a beach.

I thank you in advance for your expertise. :)

The nearest Beach would be Emerald Beach, esp if your ship docks at Crown Bay. The Historic shopping area is NOT within walking distance of a beach. It's a quick taxi ride away though. Let those who prefer the beach take a taxi over to the beach, and let the others do some power shopping. Meet up later to compare adventure notes.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

Thank you City Woman. :D

I will probably end up doing that.

I just hate to be a pain in the butt for others and make special considerations for the 2 men who could care less about the shopping. :rolleyes:

My mother and I would enjoy the shopping part, I just dont want to monopolize the guys limited island time by doing something they have no interest in. As neither guy (or my mom) has been anywhere out of the continental US, this is precious time they could be utilizing elsewhere.

BF is great though and has offered to just "park it" on a nearby bench and girl watch. :rolleyes: :mad: :p

We just got off the Christmas cruise on the Sun. I had booked Godfrey a couple of months ago. We only wanted one hour of shopping and then the typical tourist tour. He told me he would be at the dock at 11am, as we would leave the shopping area at 12:00. His wife was there shortly after 11am as he said. We were to reconvene at 12:30, not the 12:00 we were hoping for, and we waited another 15 minutes for the stragglers. He gave us a good tour, although we made a couple of stops with another tour group, Reyno, I believe, where Reyno gave the speech. We also didn't make it to the Emerald Pool as promised, but we went to the Sulphur Springs instead. My guess is that the Emerald Pool was too many gallons of $4.00 gas away and the springs were closer. We also didn't go to the promised "free fruit stand." I didn't mind but the French group on our tour were hot and still arguing about the $20 price as we paid and walked away. One final note: He plays a song after leaving the banana daquiri place that he must be particularly fond of because we had to listen to it 4 times at top volume. I guess he thinks it's cute, but it sure gets old fast. But the price is right and I'd do it again because the price is right.

Archived