What deck is best on Anthem?

I am looking to book a cruise on Anthem through the Next Cruise desk on my cruise next month on Freedom. It will be a balcony room. Does anyone have any advice on which decks to avoid or which ones you prefer? While looking at the deck maps there seems to be a bump out or overhand around deck 7. Not sure if that area is to be avoided or not. Thank you.

I am looking to book a cruise on Anthem through the Next Cruise desk on my cruise next month on Freedom. It will be a balcony room. Does anyone have any advice on which decks to avoid or which ones you prefer? While looking at the deck maps there seems to be a bump out or overhand around deck 7. Not sure if that area is to be avoided or not. Thank you.

My experience is to always avoid decks when there are public areas above. Meaning always secure a deck with staterooms above and below you as it will decrease the noise associated with public areas. Not that it's the best, but I prefer high floors, normally the highest you can go and still have staterooms above, the higher the floor the less motion sickness (if you're prone to motion sickness).

To avoid motion sickness, low down and in the center. Agree that we pick a deck with cabins above and below. We also avoid cabins that are right near elevators or atrium as sound carries from the atrium and people walking from the elevators tend to stop and talk. I know that means extra walking but need to do that to walk off what I eat!

I have sailed Anthem four times. Have done deck 6 balconies just off of forward elevator twice and a guarantee balcony that landed us midship on deck 12. The overhang is actually over the deck 13 balconies. Our fourth time we stayed in an interior with virtual balcony on deck 8... not really a fan of interiors, but the location was great near the forward elevators.

Back on in November and staying in the same deck 6 rooms we have been in before. I like the ability to just walk out my door and down the stairs to the Schooner bar, or hop the elevator and straight up to the Solarium.

To avoid motion sickness, low down and in the center. Agree that we pick a deck with cabins above and below. We also avoid cabins that are right near elevators or atrium as sound carries from the atrium and people walking from the elevators tend to stop and talk. I know that means extra walking but need to do that to walk off what I eat!

I know that is right. lol

I think positioning yourself close to the aft elevator, or midship between the elevators makes sense. The dining areas and 270 are aft. I don't mind walking laps up top, and taking the stairs, but I'm not a fan of long walks back to the cabin. I've stayed on 10 and 11 and both were great for stair climbers. Easy up to 14 to the pool deck, or up from 4/5 to the room. Almost never took the elevators.

I have sailed Anthem four times. Have done deck 6 balconies just off of forward elevator twice and a guarantee balcony that landed us midship on deck 12. The overhang is actually over the deck 13 balconies. Our fourth time we stayed in an interior with virtual balcony on deck 8... not really a fan of interiors, but the location was great near the forward elevators.

Back on in November and staying in the same deck 6 rooms we have been in before. I like the ability to just walk out my door and down the stairs to the Schooner bar, or hop the elevator and straight up to the Solarium.

What cabins did you have on deck 6, and was your view obstructed? We are on deck 6 port side near the forward elevators. Also, is the port side the smoking side, and if so, was there any problem with smoke smell? TIA

What cabins did you have on deck 6, and was your view obstructed? We are on deck 6 port side near the forward elevators. Also, is the port side the smoking side, and if so, was there any problem with smoke smell? TIA

I've been in 6554 and 6556 which are starboard and unobstructed. The smoking area is starboard but towards the aft.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've stayed on 7, 8, 9, and 10 and loved them all, especially the junior suites on the hump. Around the corner from the elevators but heard no noise due to the wall in between.

Thanks, good to know.

Going on the Anthem in 2019 Q1. Is the quest played in the Anthem? 2. How does dining work and is there a problem in the smaller restaurants getting a table for 8?

Going on the Anthem in 2019 Q1. Is the quest played in the Anthem? 2. How does dining work and is there a problem in the smaller restaurants getting a table for 8?

The quest is played in the Two70 lounge/theatre. The dining is split. One deck offers two dining rooms for traditional seating dining where you will be at the same table every night of the cruise. The other two dining rooms are for "my time dining" where you may have a set time but can basically arrive when you would like and will be placed at an empty table. Wait times vary depending on the time of night you show up for my time dining.

I am not versed on dining with a large group so I don't know how easy/difficult getting a table for 8 will be. I also avoid the main dining rooms.

My experience is to always avoid decks when there are public areas above. Meaning always secure a deck with staterooms above and below you as it will decrease the noise associated with public areas. Not that it's the best, but I prefer high floors, normally the highest you can go and still have staterooms above, the higher the floor the less motion sickness (if you're prone to motion sickness).

I thought it was the lower and centrally located you are, the less chances of motion sickness.

Aileen

Since you are at port in Bermuda for 2 days straight...is there a preferred side of boat or a way to figure out which side is best for view from balcony?

You don't always dock on the same side. It depends on what lifeboat drills they plan on running.

We had a deck 10 aft balcony, and loved it. Great views, and staterooms upstairs and downstairs.

Also enjoyed not taking the elevator much. 4 floors up to the pooldeck/Windjammer, and 5 floors down to the main promenade.

Hi! New here, but what did you think of 6556? We are booked in that cabin for next April.

I've been in 6554 and 6556 which are starboard and unobstructed. The smoking area is starboard but towards the aft.

We had a deck 10 aft balcony, and loved it. Great views, and staterooms upstairs and downstairs.

Also enjoyed not taking the elevator much. 4 floors up to the pooldeck/Windjammer, and 5 floors down to the main promenade.

Were there stairs on the back of the ship? I haven't seen any on the deck plans....but it sure would be nice as we are at the very back of the ship for our upcoming cruise. Sadly it's not the great AFT cabins...just located almost that far back.