Opening Balcony Dividers

phinfan63

We always travel with another couple and we like to have our balcony divider opened so I finally found something that shows which ones that can be opened on Carnival.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/747

I know on the Dream, it shows which room it will open/connect with. Not sure about all of the ships but worth a shot if you're interested in having this done. Example:

10212 8E 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed

View: window and balcony Balconypartition connects to: 10216

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Rooms that you already had? Did they open?

I'm praying that this thing is pretty accurate because we are counting on them being able to open. The last cruise they said they couldn't open them and basically ruined our "normal" cruising experience for my friend - she was not a happy camper :-)

Rooms that you already had? Did they open?

I'm praying that this thing is pretty accurate because we are counting on them being able to open. The last cruise they said they couldn't open them and basically ruined our "normal" cruising experience for my friend - she was not a happy camper :-)

No rooms we will have in April. Sorry I can't be more help.

We really want to do this as we have 3 families in a row with extended balconies, but after seeing a picture of how the Pride does it, 2 of the 3 balconies will have a blocked view. It would be great if I got the unblocked view, but what if I did, it all depends which way they open them, lol.

Yep! One time we went we had 3 balconies next to each other. Only 2 of them could open. The one in the middle and the other one. If they opened ours, it would block our balcony door. Now, we were told that sometimes they can still just remove the whole door, but we never were able to get it done. It wasn't a huge deal though.

Yep! One time we went we had 3 balconies next to each other. Only 2 of them could open. The one in the middle and the other one. If they opened ours, it would block our balcony door. Now, we were told that sometimes they can still just remove the whole door, but we never were able to get it done. It wasn't a huge deal though.

Hm removing the door is interesting. I would have never thought to ask about that. Sailing next to friends with extended balconies and would love to connect them. I will have to see what can be done when we get on board! Thanks!

If opening the partition would block a door, they won't do it. As far as removing a door, it wasn't presented to us as an option when we had balconies that did not open to each other without blocking a door. So we always check the goccl site before we choose a cabin when we travel with our friends. I don't know if there are any 3 in a row cabins that would allow the dividers to all be open to each other. It seems I have seen a post where the divider opened against the rail, but I have no clue which ship it was.

I have to register to view that link? I tried my usual Carnival login and it wouldnt take it.

goCCL is a website for travel agents. Your Carnival login won’t work.

You should be able to go right to that linked page without any sign-in (I could and do often through “back doors”).

goCCL has a wealth of useful information that although developed for travel agents can be a huge resource for the general public who can (easily) figure out how to access it.

We had our room steward open ours on the Magic 12/16-23. My cousin was in the cabin next to ours and we wanted to mingle. Our steward said it all depends on if the open divider would block either door. Fortunately, it only blocked a portion of their window.

• 5 weeks later...