Walgreen's???

dogdoc2002

Hey all- Does anyone know if there are Walgreen's near the ports? We will be sailing next summer on the POAm. My partner and I both have prescriptions that may need to be filled while we are in Hawaii for a little over two weeks- my insurance is goofy and will only let me get 1 refill in a certain time period, otherwise it would be far easier to get any and all meds here before we go. Just wanted to see if we need to get handwritting Rx's from the doctors' before we head out.

Thanks!

Some insurance plans allow you to get an extra supply of medicine if you are traveling. Best to check with your pharmacy or insurance.

Right. Our insurance has the same time limit as the OP on when you can fill. But the pharmacy can call to get an override when we have a need such as being out of town. The insurance has always given the OK in these circumstances.

Contact your insurance company or pharmacy plan. They often alllow early refills once or twice a year due to travel or other emergencies.

If that doesn't work, talk to your pharmacist. Some pharmacies will give you enough of your prescription to get you by for a trip. And then give you the balance later when they bill your insurance.

Archived