Majesty - Main Pool Issues?

I’m currently on board Majesty awaiting departure, and the main pool is roped off with no water. I just overheard a lifeguard tell someone that the pool hasn’t worked since they’ve come out of dry dock. The hot tubs and the kids pool area are functioning as expected.

Has anyone that was on the two sailings since coming out of dry dock confirm whether or not the pool was ever open? Seems like there are about to be a lot of angry spring breakers with no pool this weekend.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

From what I gather from someone on Periscope is that a beer bottle was broken in the pool and caused havoc. They actually made the decision to go to the Bahamas instead of having a sea day so people could go to the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the reply! That doesn’t necessarily explain why it’s still roped off on a new cruise or the employee saying it hasn’t opened since it came out of dry dock but hopefully that means it’s something that will be resolved.

Like Sunni2315 said, I think the last sailing which left this Monday had the pool open. By the next morning it was closed due to someone losing their lunch in it. Then the next day it was closed again and they were told someone dropped their drink and some glass was in it. But I agree, it should have been drained, cleaned and reopened. Not sure if the glass caused something else to break or if their was a larger issue. Sorry about the lack of a pool. I would be disappointed as well.

I’m currently on board Majesty awaiting departure, and the main pool is roped off with no water. I just overheard a lifeguard tell someone that the pool hasn’t worked since they’ve come out of dry dock. The hot tubs and the kids pool area are functioning as expected.

Has anyone that was on the two sailings since coming out of dry dock confirm whether or not the pool was ever open? Seems like there are about to be a lot of angry spring breakers with no pool this weekend.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I've read your other replies, but sometimes crew members will say what ever they think or heard themselves. I'll bet its filled over night and available tomorrow.

We were on the cruise that left March 5. At least one over-served college kid lost his lunch in the pool while we were still in PC, closing it. That night was rough seas, and some other college kid appeared to drop his drink in the pool. It was never opened again for us. And we did stop in Freeport, versus our final day at sea, but port officers in Nassau said that was due to rough water from the nor'wester (the mirror version of the nor'easter hitting the east coast).

I'm shocked they didn't do a full clean when we left so the next trip could use it. But maybe I'm not. This was my first cruise in about a decade, but always loved RCCL. After our experience (especially with some safety issues), I will yell at the top of my lungs for folks to avoid them.

We were on the cruise that left March 5. At least one over-served college kid lost his lunch in the pool while we were still in PC, closing it. That night was rough seas, and some other college kid appeared to drop his drink in the pool. It was never opened again for us. And we did stop in Freeport, versus our final day at sea, but port officers in Nassau said that was due to rough water from the nor'wester (the mirror version of the nor'easter hitting the east coast).

I'm shocked they didn't do a full clean when we left so the next trip could use it. But maybe I'm not. This was my first cruise in about a decade, but always loved RCCL. After our experience (especially with some safety issues), I will yell at the top of my lungs for folks to avoid them.

Spring Break! Oh no......

Spring Break! Oh no......

It was earlier than we expected, too. Many of the college kids were fine, but there were two large groups from two schools that were drunken buffoons, who just kept getting overserved.

We had to notify workers about them doing things like sneezing into the soup - yes, really. Staff took care of that immediately. Poor guys work so hard, too.

Sorry everyone! Chose not to buy the internet package on the ship and stopped getting email alerts for replies to this thread.

The pool was filled and open on Saturday morning like it was never empty and remained in operation the rest of our cruise. That being said - I am zero percent surprised to learn that some over-zealous spring breakers were the reason for these problems after the things I saw on the sailing this weekend.

We sail tomorrow. Completely forgot it was spring break when booking it a couple weeks ago. We went last year in the end of April and loved it, really hope I still do when we get back on Monday. Loved the piano bar and really looking forward to it again. I don't mind the college students as long as they do not make it unenjoyable for others. Did the ship look like it was updated at all? I haven't been able to get any information on what was done in dry dock.

Did the ship look like it was updated at all? I haven't been able to get any information on what was done in dry dock.

It's hard for me to answer having never been on the ship before for comparison, but the ship definitely felt "clean" and smelled like fresh paint in some areas still. It doesn't appear that anything visible to guests was really added or modified, but we definitely enjoyed our time on board and I'm happy I was able to visit Coco Cay before the upcoming changes. The size of the ship gave us a very different experience having cruised most recently on Independence.

From what I gather from someone on Periscope is that a beer bottle was broken in the pool and caused havoc. They actually made the decision to go to the Bahamas instead of having a sea day so people could go to the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This can't be. RCCL hasn't allowed glass beer bottles on ships in years. If you order a beer that only comes in glass (i.e. Corona) they poor it into a cup. Everything else is aluminum bottles.